Screenshot sharing?

Please post questions or comments about the site or the forum here.
CNR_3125
Cat

Screenshot sharing? Unread post

Can I post screenshots of the game? There is an image button, but it gives image tags.

What should I put in between? Or are there other RRT3 communities on social media that have some activity?
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Re: Screenshot sharing? Unread post

Just testing to see what happens. I've added an image file (at random!) - looks OK in preview
Attachments
Budapest Landmark.jpg
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Looks OK to me. I used the "attachment" tab to post it.
Oh, I see what you mean, I can see the "image" icon at the top of the screen. Yes if you were to use that, you would have to click on the button then that would give you: img and /img (in square brackets) and then you would have to put the URL in between the code that says img and /img (in square brackets). I think it's a lot easier to use the tab below - on the bottom of the screen you can see one tab for Options and one for Attachments.
You can also use the "Attachments" tab for posting zip files and so on.
Hope this helps
Ruth
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Actually, I can't figure out how to do it using the "Insert image" tool. **!!!**
Gumboots
CEO

The img tag is for displaying images that are already online somewhere. For example, this the image for the Mogul locomotive rebuild/reskins on the site's Railroad Tycoon 3 - New locomotives page.

Code: Select all

[img]http://hawkdawg.com/img/rrt/rt3/xtras/Gumboots/Gumboots_Mogul_Rebuild_and_Reskin_screenshots.jpg[/img]
The attachments options are for uploading files from your PC or phone. They can be placed inline, inside a post, like this...
img_7_1.jpg
Or then can be displayed beneath the post, like the second attachment (img_7_1b.jpg).

You can select the files to be uploaded via the "Add files" button, or you can just drag and drop them from Windows Explorer into the reply area for the post. Either will work.
Attachments
img_7_1b.jpg
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Thanks, Gumboots! Now I've learned something... (photo from my own website, so I know it's OK to use!)
Gumboots
CEO

The short one looks dangerous.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Very. We come from a dangerous family: https://www.my-familytree.net/benjamin-berry/ ^**lylgh ^**lylgh