Hello from the UK!

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
TheBonobo4
Brakeman

Hello from the UK! Unread post

Hey everyone. Long time player of the game from the UK here, had this game for ages (maybe 11 or 12 years, I don't know). Really like the game, and love the extra content for the game (like patches, logos, maps, trains).

Also, since installing the game again on my laptop I've been recording myself with audio commentary of the scenarios and campaign, which you can find here (if interested). Let me know what you think. Hopefully also in the future I might learn a thing or two, or offer advice to anyone struggling. (0!!0)
Gumboots
CEO

Re: Hello from the UK! Unread post

Hi. Welcome to the forum. It'll be good to have someone else around who knows how to spell aluminium. :mrgreen:
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Gumboots wrote:who knows how to spell aluminium. :mrgreen:
^**lylgh !**fldwn! Is that how they spell it down under? ^**lylgh !**fldwn!

Welcome aboard Bonobo. I'll have to check out those videos. Looks interesting.
Hawk
TheBonobo4
Brakeman

Thanks guys. Admittedly it isn't much at the moment, and you veterans of the game can probably question some of my decisions in the scenarios. ;)
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I think we all make questionable decisions in this game at times. ;-)
Hawk
OilCan
Engineer

Welcome to the forum. (*!!wel

'Questionable decisions' pretty well describes my style of playing. :-D

Did I miss a link somewhere? When I clicked on the Bonobo4 youtube site it said that the channel had no content. :-?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

OilCan wrote:Did I miss a link somewhere? When I clicked on the Bonobo4 youtube site it said that the channel had no content. :-?
It worked the first time I clicked on it, but now I get the same thing.
Hawk
TheBonobo4
Brakeman

It seems to be playing up for some reason. Every video is listed as public but then on my YouTube homepage it says I have no public uploads. So no idea what is going on but hopefully it'll fix itself soon.
TheBonobo4
Brakeman

Okay I don't know what the problem was but it seems fine now, at least it is for me. The videos were definitely public and I haven't changed anything so it must have been a YouTube glitch. **!!!**
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Yep! They're back now.
Hawk
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I've been watching your RT3 videos and one comment I'd like to make is that maybe you could consider, in future videos, slowing down your screen scrolling. You move around through the various screens a bit fast and it makes it a bit hard to follow what you're doing.
Hawk
RulerofRails
CEO

Questionable decisions
How about decisonable questions? As a strategy game, it's all about finding answers to the right questions. If you think you have a rock solid way that shouldn't be questioned, I can almost be sure that there is a better way to be found when circumstances are slightly different. Maybe you will never find the better way if you never ask yourself the right question.

TheBonobo4, Welcome to the forum! Good luck with your YouTube videos. I did take a peek at the CP one.

Tip: Try placing your service towers and maintenance sheds closer to the stations. I always place them in pairs, one followed immediately by the other. In low to medium traffic, they can be as close to the station as possible. In high traffic, it can pay to put them just beyond where the tail of a train sitting in the station will end. This way trains at the station can turn without waiting for those in the maintenance facilities. Also, avoid placing them on grades as any trains that need to start off in the uphill direction are going to be slow. Maybe you can find a bit more running efficiency there.
TheBonobo4
Brakeman

Thanks for the input. I'll try and take this into account, although I'm still getting used to recording myself, that is, playing whilst commentating. And yeah I have likely made some really rookie mistakes but I seem to be doing okay so far (all but one Golds on hardest difficulty so far).