Hello everybody

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
Asdfe
Cat

Hello everybody Unread post

Hey, I've been lurking for awhile, but I've thrown together a scenario and decided to make an account and post it once I figure out how.
RulerofRails
CEO

Re: Hello everybody Unread post

(*!!wel Hi!

Always good to have new maps. You might need to make a couple posts before you are allowed to use attachments. Being that you are a lurker, I'm sure you know the place they go.

Amazing that RT3 is almost 15 years old. Not to be pushy/snoopy, but I'm curious how many other players regard the dynamic price model as the best feature of the game for gameplay longevity?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Welcome aboard! :salute:

IIRC - once you make one more post you should be able to attach a zip file to a post.

What generally happens here is a new map/scenario is posted in the appropriate forum, then players will beta test it and point out any errors and make suggestions on how the map/scenario could possible be improved.
Once all that is done it can be submitted for placement in the archives.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. There's someone here that should be able to help out.
It does make things easier to post in the right forum. ;-)
Hawk
Gumboots
CEO

RulerofRails wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:53 pm...I'm curious how many other players regard the dynamic price model as the best feature of the game for gameplay longevity?
I regard the choo-choo's as the best feature for gameplay longevity. :lol:
Cash on Wheels
Conductor

RulerofRails wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:53 pm (*!!wel Hi!
curious how many other players regard the dynamic price model as the best feature of the game for gameplay longevity?
Everyone, but not directly. Way to much to explain. RRT was played by to people who could care less about trains, or a little kid could play it, not have a clue their doing, and still build a rail empire if they got lucky and started in the right spot. Or a mastermind who could trash my Holyland scenario in 23 years!
Akarin
Watchman

Cash on Wheels wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:04 pm or a little kid could play it, not have a clue their doing, and still build a rail empire if they got lucky and started in the right spot.
I don't think I was that little, but can confirm I had no idea what I was doing.
RulerofRails
CEO

TBH, I think everyone starts with no idea. I did too. This was the first game of the railroad tycoon genre that I ever played. I had to learn everything. I first had the demo version and I was having trouble with the AI, didn't have a clue about industry etc.. !facepalm! Anyway, I'm just saying that I have seen more and more potential in the game model the longer I played, it's like layers. I can't imagine playing as much as I have if there weren't new layers of potential to be slowly un-peeled. It's strange to think like this because not everyone is appreciating the same "layer" while playing the same map.

In other games I would probably think that's it's reckless from a design perspective to leave so many doors wide open especially as seen in the dynamic price model (which probably illustrates that I'm not the creative type), and probably even lose interest in a result because it was statistically unlikely that I could ever put down a perfect run even if I managed to consider all relevant elements. But I'm a sucker for trains too, and something in the combination keeps me hooked. :mrgreen:
Asdfe
Cat

I got a copy of RT2 when I was a kid, then moved on to 3 (though I go back and forth some). They both really stand the test of time. I'll put my scenario up sometime tomorrow or the day after, depending when I have the time to do a writeup on it. It's a variant on the "American Rails" scenario, but with quite a bit changed.