Hiya

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
Gumboots
CEO

Hiya Unread post

Just found this site. Cool stuff.

I hadn't played RRT3 for years, and picked up a bootleg copy recently to play with on my old XP box, just to see if I still liked it. Answer is yes. :mrgreen: XP box died, so methinks the shiny new W7 box deserves a legit copy of the game, which I'll organise shortly.

I'm old enough to remember seeing steam trains literally bringing coal to Newcastle, and I don't much hold with them new-fangled electrickery trains. If a scenario lets me play steam, I'll play steam regardless of what year it is. Much more fun to watch steam trains running around.

I also only play on Expert setting, just for the challenge, and often end up setting higher goals just because the default ones are too easy. It's fun to see how far I can push things.

Anyway cheers, hi, and all that. :)
OilCan
Engineer

Re: Hiya Unread post

Welcome Gumboots. !!howdy!! You should find more than enought hard games and steam engine games in the map archive to keep you busy for months and years to come.
Blackhawk
CEO

Welcome! As Oilcan said you'll find plenty to keep you busy in the map archive. Some of the fan made scenarios have harder goals so they aren't as easy. You may also want to look at creating multiple installations of the game so you can have version 1.05, 1.06 and a Trainmaster copy. Version 1.06 is an unofficial patch which includes more locomotives, cargoes, and a few other changes. If you're really looking for a challenge you may want to look into the Trainmaster mod as it requires much more attention to detail and is probably more difficult.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Welcome aboard...and yeah...what Blackhawk said...Trainmaster is for people just like you. :)
Gumboots
CEO

Sounds interesting. I'll take a look at it once I get another copy of the game. (0!!0)

ETA: Ok, game ordered. Yay! (0!!0)