Old Newbie from Viginia

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
Cliff
Watchman

Old Newbie from Viginia Unread post

Hi; haven't stopped by for a couple of years.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Old Newbie from Viginia Unread post

Welcome back Cliff. I see you got the password thing straightened out. :-D
Hawk
Gumboots
CEO

Ah, the password thing. Can be a problem. :mrgreen:

Welcome back.
RulerofRails
CEO

Seems like only some months instead of years. . . . . time really flies. Good to see you again. !!howdy!!

There are a few maps made since. Hawk probably has a good way to find them.

What I attempted was this: http://hawkdawg.com/forums/search.php?k ... mit=Search
Search for new topics in user map section.jpg
It works for one page. Problem is that when going to the second page, the forum spits me back to the advanced search menu and loses all entered settings. Hawk, any idea on this? Is there a forum option you could give to display topics in order of time the first post was made?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

RulerofRails wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:01 pm There are a few maps made since. Hawk probably has a good way to find them.
Not really a good way. Just search the appropriate forum for maps you haven't played yet.

RulerofRails wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:01 pm What I attempted was this: http://hawkdawg.com/forums/search.php?k ... mit=Search
Search for new topics in user map section.jpg
It works for one page. Problem is that when going to the second page, the forum spits me back to the advanced search menu and loses all entered settings. Hawk, any idea on this?
You can't do a search with just an asterisk. You need at least 3 characters, as it states when you hit Search.

Search.jpg

RulerofRails wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:01 pm Is there a forum option you could give to display topics in order of time the first post was made?
Not that I'm aware of.
Hawk
RulerofRails
CEO

The difficulty is that really we want to filter when threads were started. Often we post on older maps, so the normal "by date" option just brings up a confusing mix, with some new scattered in with the old. It sort of works, but it's not efficient or user friendly.

The search I showed with the asterisk works, sort of. You get one page. Did you try the link?

I was also using the trick to force line breaks around images and horizontal lines, but thanks to your demonstration right there, only one gets swallowed on each side of such element. Just make extras. Like this:

Cargo List, delivery time.jpg

That's a test: 2 linebreaks, 3, then 4. :-) Notice that the objects are swallowing one on each side, so between the horizontal line and the picture, we get only ONE effective because each swallowed one, even though I was following the progression. Why didn't I work this out sooner? !facepalm!
Gumboots
CEO

Aha! I wonder why they made it eat one line break? Weird. Anyway I've already sorted my custom css for the site, so won't have to bother myself.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

RulerofRails wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:52 pm The difficulty is that really we want to filter when threads were started. Often we post on older maps, so the normal "by date" option just brings up a confusing mix, with some new scattered in with the old. It sort of works, but it's not efficient or user friendly.

The search I showed with the asterisk works, sort of. You get one page. Did you try the link?
I didn't tick the Search for any terms. Instead I left the default tick: Search for all terms or use query as entered.
Ticking Search for all terms or use query as entered does indeed give 800 pages of results, but as stated, if you try to go to page 2, or any other page, it pops back to the main Search page.
Hawk