Reinstalled RT3 on Win10!

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
TheBonobo4
Brakeman

Re: Reinstalled RT3 on Win10! Unread post

Since I've never made a scenario for that @&!^!$ Schools class choofer because I haven't been able to think of a good one, this may be the beginnings of a good idea.
What locomotive is this?

The scenario sounds promising though. I'm sure whatever you have in mind will end up being fun to play. :)
Gumboots
CEO

This one: viewtopic.php?p=46480#p46480

Naturally, after making some progress on it I got sidetracked into doing the New South Wales scenario, and locos for that. *!*!*!
sbaros
Conductor

A minor thing about dgVoodoo, nevertheless worth mentioning for the record. As I realized this weekend, my dgVoodoo-fitted portable Tycoon installation now refuses to load on a Windows8 laptop, where it previously ran smoothly. Not a problem practically, since I keep several backups/variants in the same USB stick and the saved sessions are throughout interchangeable. Just be alert to employ dgVoodoo exclusively on PCs where everything else fails.
And also:The dgVoodoo-fitted installation kept crashing until I renamed all files which contained Greek letters in the filenames (presumably it will do the same at the presence of any non-Latin filenames ). Non-dgVoodoo versions tolerate them.
If you have no Marxists in the leadership of your trade union, you have no trade union.
Abolish NATO and the (Na)zionist state !
Gumboots
CEO

I don't know about dgVoodoo, but RT3 itself doesn't like any non-standard characters in file names. It's best to stick to A-Z and 0-9 if possible. Using anything else can cause odd random bugs to turn up.
RulerofRails
CEO

Why would we want Greek letters in the filenames? How will that improve our in-game experience? I speculate that you are the only one using Greek.

The dgVoodoo "install" is just a .dll file or two. Pull those from the game folder to "uninstall" it. If the game still wont load, then you have a different problem.
Gumboots
CEO

Some people speak and write Greek, y'know. Funnily enough, they have a tendency to like using Greek letters sometimes. :D
TheBonobo4
Brakeman

So I've downloaded a few Scenarios from here and loaded them up to see what the maps look like, and what objectives are etc. Not actually played any of them as I quit each after about 10 minutes. But I noticed that some have locomotives available that clearly should not be there, such as a scenario starting in 2004 (Iraq) having the Dorchester and Pennsy H3 available from the 9th century. Or in the Malawi scenario, even though it says only Steam trains at start. Or Mozambique (1936 start) allowing a DD080 from 2015 (with I think different purchase and maintenance costs). Is this normal? **!!!**
Gumboots
CEO

Normal. Yes? People do weird things. ;)
TheBonobo4
Brakeman

When I get round to playing those scenarios, I'll just have to assume they aren't meant to be used. So no trains from the 19th century in the 21st, or trains that won't be invented for another 50 years. :lol:
Akarin
Watchman

TheBonobo4 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:48 pm So I've downloaded a few Scenarios from here and loaded them up to see what the maps look like, and what objectives are etc. Not actually played any of them as I quit each after about 10 minutes. But I noticed that some have locomotives available that clearly should not be there, such as a scenario starting in 2004 (Iraq) having the Dorchester and Pennsy H3 available from the 9th century. Or in the Malawi scenario, even though it says only Steam trains at start. Or Mozambique (1936 start) allowing a DD080 from 2015 (with I think different purchase and maintenance costs). Is this normal? **!!!**
You know I recently noticed when I was testing some new skins/rolling stock out using some of my own user created scenarios that certain locomotives weren't available. It's been several years since I edited those scenarios but I clearly remember going through the locomotive lists and specifically enabling the ones that weren't showing up. And now that I think about, in the past I sort of remember having to re-enable certain locomotives multiple times while editing them, which is probably why I remember going through the list in the editor so clearly.