L just joined

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
Gregorius
Cat

L just joined Unread post

Hello,

L stands for Luxembourg...

Although I think there is more interest in RRT3 over here, I would like to express my preference for RRT2 Platinum.

Discussing this preference is probably somewhat like discussing colo(u)rs...

Anyway, this is a great site that helped me a lot appreciating RRT even more! !**yaaa

All the best,

Gregorius
Gumboots
CEO

Re: L just joined Unread post

Hi. Welcome to the forum.
I can't help with any RT2 questions myself, as I've never played it, but someone here might be able to help.

If anyone can help with RT2 questions, Gregorius's topic about them is here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4348
Gregorius
Cat

Thank you for your help.

RulerofRails did a very good job already to do so!

I suppose your trains will never be late here...

!**yaaa
Gumboots
CEO

Good. Glad you've made some progress with it. And don't worry about English. It's the web. People speak a wide range of languages, and most of us aren't perfect at any of them. In fact I've often encountered people who have English as their first and only language, and make far less sense than you. :D
AT41B
Watchman

Welcome to RTT form....Speaking of a single language person..........of which I am one. I understand some of several and speak a tidbit of fewer. Of the American English speaking people, there are an enormous amount of them that speak English in misunderstood dialectic and some of them may write (type) in the same order as they speak. So, don't be alarmed if you need to 'say what'. !*00*! *!*!*! **!!!**
RulerofRails
CEO

Yeah, it's often the case that people who think they are "good" at something aren't going to put in more effort to learn more. Laziness can also creep in, especially when proof-reading. :oops:

Also, text is a limiting way to communicate. In my opinion good communication skills are most important. I will be the first to admit that my skills are a WIP. I try to think of the details of things. I end up having to simplify text into something understandable. Reverse is probably the wrong way to go. . . . I'm cutting a lot of what I type, some of it for quality. . . . My messages still end up long. For example, when making this message I typed more than double what I ended up posting. . . . !hairpull!
Gregorius
Cat

Thank you to all for the nice welcome.
RulerofRails wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:19 pm Laziness can also creep in, especially when proof-reading. :oops:
Proof-reading one's own text is always special as we are biased by knowing what has (should have) been written. It has to be more like letter-by-letter reading than words- or sentence-reading.
RulerofRails wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:19 pm I'm cutting a lot of what I type, some of it for quality. . . . My messages still end up long. For example, when making this message I typed more than double what I ended up posting.
I think this is obviously the right thing to do, but by posing quality over quantity, something also can be missed.

All the best from Luxembourg,