Hi there

New Members! Please stop by here and introduce yourselves.
Tycoon+1
Hobo

Hi there Unread post

Hi y'all!

New to this forum. Well, not really, I used to have an account with a different email address which I no longer use :)

Can anyone point me to the modding section for RT3? If I remember correctly, there used to be an editor that would allow increasing of goods production. Basically it would double the goods produced by each facility or resource site. I think it might have been a hex editor (not sure, been a long time).

Regards,

Irfan
Gumboots
CEO

Re: Hi there Unread post

Hi, and welcome back. :)

There are two ways you can increase industry production. The easiest is to use RT3's built-in map/scenario editor to set conditions for the map in question. That will only apply the changes to that map though.

If you want to make custom buildings, for all maps, with increased production then yes, you will need to use a hex editor. I think the .cty file is the relevant one, but I would have to check. Just look in the Buildings and you should be able to find plenty of information. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Tycoon+1
Hobo

Could you give an example for the map/scenario option? All I know is to manually add lots of production buildings in close proximity. However, once I did notice that if I do that with dairy farms, they start disappearing during the actual gameplay. Would you have any idea why?
Gumboots
CEO

Sure. For any event in a scenario there is at least one condition and at least one effect. The range of possible effects include industry production, either as the whole lot (all industry) or as individual cargoes. Just run through the effects list to see what is available.

So you use the events to set whatever production increases (or reductions) you want on that map. This can be done at the start of the scenario, or at any point within it. You just need to set the appropriate condition to trigger the effect when you want it.

Re the disappearing buildings: if you add so many that they can't make a profit they will slowly "go out of business".
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Hi Irfan, welcome back! I came back after a long time and found that Trainmaster was up and running - the logical extension of the 1.06 patch. Give it a try if you haven't yet. I've been AWOL for a while doing my family tree, but that should end in a few weeks' time. I'm intrigued by your questions, are you making a new scenario?
Tycoon+1
Hobo

Grandma Ruth wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:01 am Hi Irfan, welcome back! I came back after a long time and found that Trainmaster was up and running - the logical extension of the 1.06 patch. Give it a try if you haven't yet. I've been AWOL for a while doing my family tree, but that should end in a few weeks' time. I'm intrigued by your questions, are you making a new scenario?
Yes, I was initially but haven't touched RRT3 since I last posted. I've been flying flight simulators. I just wanted an easy scenario set in North America. That's why I modded the Coast to Coast map and flattened it out. :-D
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Depends what you mean by an "easy scenario" - easy landscape or easy to win? Or both? I did once try to do a sort of tutorial scenario but my daughter never really had the time for gaming. She says she might take it up when she retires !!!!!!!!!!!! That's really depressing, thinking about your daughter's retirement ;-)
We're here to help anyway!