Day and night cycle.

Ins and Outs of Creating the Map
Gumboots
CEO

Day and night cycle. Unread post

Just wondering if anyone has figured out a way to alter the timing of day and night.

At a rough guess, it takes about two or game three years to go through one complete cycle. This always seems bonkers to me. Having it change every 24 game hours would be too much, but biannually or even quarterly would be pretty good, IMO. Does anyone know if this is possible?
OilCan
Engineer

Re: Day and night cycle. Unread post

Gumboots wrote:Just wondering if anyone has figured out a way to alter the timing of day and night.

At a rough guess, it takes about two or game three years to go through one complete cycle. This always seems bonkers to me. Having it change every 24 game hours would be too much, but biannually or even quarterly would be pretty good, IMO. Does anyone know if this is possible?
I have not found a way to alter the day/night cycle. It takes two years for a full cycle. If you use 'slow time', the daylight lasts 12 hours and the night lasts 12 hours, so 1 day in slow time = 2 years in normal time.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Re: Day and night cycle. Unread post

Well, I never really thought "time" factor or duration, about the changes between night and day. What did draw my attention was that of the lights being active during the night. 12 hrs of daylight, 12 hrs of night, with the lights during the darker times even during storms, is a reality. Just never paid attention to the time duration took 2 years for the cycle. *!*!*!
Getting to learn more about this tremendous game programming as "real reality" time goes by. ^**lylgh !*th_up*!