How to disable "hospital" in my map

Ins and Outs of Creating the Map
zjh19970214
Hobo

How to disable "hospital" in my map Unread post

I am creating several maps in 1.06, but I don't plan to apply the new industries including Hospital and Construction Firms. However, even if I did not check the box of "Hospital" and "Construction Firm" in the industry list, they still appears when I start the scenario. How to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance and sorry for my English
Gumboots
CEO

Re: How to disable "hospital" in my map Unread post

Hi. :)

Unfortunately you do not have any control over those buildings in the editor. The game treats them like houses, churches, radio stations, etc. The only way of disabling them is by removing the .bca and .bty files from Data/BuildingTypes.

If you really want them disabled the best way would be to include a readme file that tells people which files to remove. The removed files can be placed in a custom folder inside BuildingTypes, so they can be restored easily when required.

I often put extra folders inside standard RT3 folders, to hold files for testing or disabling or as an archive for later (for instance, to clear some saved games out of the list). The game ignores any non-standard folders, so you can safely use them to store anything.

I realise this is not a perfect solution, but not having those buildings disabled should not break the scenario. It may have some minor effects on the economy, but it should still be playable even if someone can't be bothered disabling some buildings.
Gumboots
CEO

You reported my post, instead of quoting it or replying to it. :D

Report content was:
Ok. Thanks for your reply! Thus, I would like to just ignore them, as you said, the map is still playable. The minor effects of these buildings can be ignored.
And yes, that's the easy option.
zjh19970214
Hobo

Gumboots wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:28 pm You reported my post, instead of quoting it or replying to it. :D

Report content was:
Ok. Thanks for your reply! Thus, I would like to just ignore them, as you said, the map is still playable. The minor effects of these buildings can be ignored.
And yes, that's the easy option.
Oh I was so stupid I clicked the wrong button! Sorry for that. I am new to this forum and still learning everything, even if I have been playing RT3 for more than 13 years. :-D
Gumboots
CEO

No problem. TBH I forget what the buttons are sometimes. The icons aren't all that clear.