"Campaign" checkbox in map editor.

Ins and Outs of Creating the Map
Gumboots
CEO

"Campaign" checkbox in map editor. Unread post

Here's something I've been wondering about. When you make a map in the editor there is a checkbox for "Campaign".

I know this can be unchecked to turn a default campaign map into a scenario map. Does anyone know if it can be used the other way: to turn a series of custom maps into a custom campaign?
AT41B
Watchman

Re: "Campaign" checkbox in map editor. Unread post

I do believe so, try it to see........
Gumboots
CEO

I don't know how you would try it. That's the thing. There's a checkbox, but there don't appear to be any other related settings. Even if you save a map as a campaign map, how would you tie it to others in the same custom campaign?
RulerofRails
CEO

Trainmaster has a "campaign", well it's really just 3 or 4 scenarios in "replacement" of the original ones. The other spaces have placeholders/aren't playable. So there might be some notes somewhere about that in the TM stuff. Don't have time for a search right now.

I don't really see a point to this unless you are doing what TM does, "modding" the whole game and trading in the old for the new. You can't select Expert difficulty for a campaign. I would suggest making a series like Age of Steam.
Gumboots
CEO

Yes that probably makes more sense. I was just idly curious. I did find some notes in the TM section (Campaign topic here) and it seems to be a bit of a drama to set one up.