1.05, correct YTD in EoY ledger? need your genius

Tips and Tricks on Events, Economy, etc.
RulerofRails
CEO

1.05, correct YTD in EoY ledger? need your genius Unread post

Dear smart folk out there,
Have you got any good ideas how to display a correct YTD figure in the 1.05 End of Year ledger using few events?

I'm looking for low yearly figures, (3-6). I know I can "count" (+1) with a Territory Variable and then display that. However, SCBC has a ton of events already and the only way to keep that near accurate is to use a couple such "counting" events.

I'm even willing to use a static figure for the year end ledger, but the question is: is there a way to separate an event that displays in the end of year ledger from one that displays at all other times? Even if so, that's not the idea solution, but may end up being most appropriate. For now, I'm going to try an event that fires at year end to set a variable and a reset at beginning of year and see what happens to the EoY ledger.
Gumboots
CEO

Re: 1.05, correct YTD in EoY ledger? need your genius Unread post

For now, I'm going to try an event that fires at year end to set a variable and a reset at beginning of year and see what happens to the EoY ledger.
That will probably fail. The EoY ledger only shows up after the year has just ended, which means just at the start of the next year, so if you reset at the start of the next year...

My guess is that you'd have to reset at the end of the first week of the new year, to keep it visible when the EoY ledger pops up.
RulerofRails
CEO

Re: 1.05, correct YTD in EoY ledger? need your genius Unread post

You're right. That works, thanks. !*th_up*!

25 new events later. . . . I used a master variable to deactivate certain status/ledger lines for the first week of the year. Then use two static messages. One if you hauled enough, the other if you did not. It grates me a little that it can't be specific, but oh well.... it will be the rest of the year. I'm trying to do the SCBC ledger with some more focus on the haulage to try to balance up the feel a bit since the ledger was heavy on track-laying info. :-)