MT-1 Mountain Loco

Creating and Editing Rollingstock
Cliff
Watchman

MT-1 Mountain Loco Unread post

Where can I find this engine? It doesn't seem to be available on the Xtras page. Way back when I think that this engine was included with one of William Sherrick's "Age of Steam" scenarios, but I can't to find it there either. Probably I'm just too old to do a proper search. !!jabber!!
Gumboots
CEO

Re: MT-1 Mountain Loco Unread post

I suspect you're thinking of the P-2 Mountain. He recommended that one be used with AoS IV (Blue Streak). I never use it myself, because it's nothing like a P-2 in looks or stats and that bothers me.
RulerofRails
CEO

If you want to download the P-2 loco, it's part of ...

The ‘Un-Official’ Railroad Tycoon 3 Locomotive Pack V-1.0
by Milo, Bombardiere, Chris Derksen, C.J. Nyfalt, Ned Fumpkin, & Dreamrail

... first link in the engine section.

This pack was integrated into 1.06 when it was made, hence there's no reason to use this pack with a 1.06 install. As Gumboots said, it was a fan effort and the ambition was greater than the skills, not necessarily a bad thing, just a bit low on the quality.
Cliff
Watchman

Thanks guys; the P2 Mountain is undoubtedly what I had in mind, and that one is already in my loco inventory.

One of the scenarios that I had attempted -- JayEff's "Athabasca" -- made mention that the MT-1 Mountain and the P2 would come in handy in his scenario. But no matter, I couldn't get to 1st base with that scenario no matter what kind of engines were available.
RulerofRails
CEO

I hadn't played Athabasca. I took a look. Do you want some ideas? Where did you get to?

He gives a hint to start around Edmonton in the readme. He mentioned, and I observed, that lots of seeding takes place in the early game especially in the south of the map. Part of the reason is that the economy starts in Boom (didn't delve deep to the editor, but mine did). So almost "build it and they will come." Rail only start is a bit tricky but doable.

But if you want to cruise a bit on this one, then just grab the industries esp. farms as they seed in. The Lumber Mill in Prince George (don't know if it's always there in every seed) is a bit low on ROI, but it could be a base. Happy to toss around some ideas, if you like. :salute:
Gumboots
CEO

Cliff: I just found out that, for some reason, the loco that shows in the game as P-2 is listed on the downloads page as MT-1. Dunno why, but it is.

The MT-1 was a Korean class of Mountain. I think Chris may have originally decided to call his re-skin an MT-1 as they had a similar steam dome/sandbox to the CNR U1, but then changed his mind and decided to call it a P-2.