Military boxcars.

Creating and Editing Rollingstock
Gumboots
CEO

Military boxcars.

Unread post by Gumboots »

This is an idea I just had today. Short version is that, for several grotty little RT3 reasons, I want to move Weapons into boxcars as part of my cargo revamp thing (which really is going ahead, believe it or not).

So the only catch here is that cargo icons won't work for Weapons, since by default it's not hooked into the cargo icons system for cars. Easy solution: give it a custom skin so you know what it is. Don't need cargo icons then. No problem. !*th_up*!

So if I'm going to do that for Weapons, might as well do it for Ammunition too since it's hardly any more work. Then if I'm doing that, well back in the old days Troops were shipped in basic converted boxcars, so might as well have a set of three for the military stuff. Like this...
Moar_green_things.jpg
Green_things.jpg
Which I reckon looks pretty good, or will once I throw a few numbers on the side so they look more boxcarish. Or boxcaracious, if you prefer. Or boxcaresque. Whatevers.

Anyway, the question is would anyone be likely to grumble if Weapons shipped in these critters? Would people be pining for low-poly guns with nighttime alpha problems on flatcars? I wouldn't myself, but you never know.