Mountain weirdness..........

Creating and Editing Rollingstock
Gumboots
CEO

Mountain weirdness.......... Unread post

I've always thought the U1 looked seriously weird, as well as being so unreliable for its era as to be useless compared to other options. Turns out the real one (it's supposed to be a U1-f) didn't look nearly as weird and, surprise surprise, wasn't an unreliable POS. That one in the game is roughly the same shape, but only very roughly. Comparison shot follows. Spot the difference.
Hmmmm_2.jpg
Hmmmm_2.jpg (34.45 KiB) Viewed 5313 times
So, that got me thinking about the other Mountain, namely the P-2, since I've recently been playing WSherrick's scenarios and he mentioned it quite a bit. Turns out that didn't look anything like the P-2 model we have either. The differences are so pronounced that there's no way you'd ever know it was intended to be the same locomotive.
Hmmmm_1.jpg
Hmmmm_1.jpg (65.79 KiB) Viewed 5313 times
Hmm. Mountains. We need Mountains..................
RulerofRails
CEO

Re: Mountain weirdness.......... Unread post

I couldn't help notice that the in-game shots of the current U-1 and the P-2 look identical. Just different skins.
Gumboots
CEO

Re: Mountain weirdness.......... Unread post

Yup. I assume that somebody wanted a P-2 and didn't know how to make one (which is fair enough because it is a bit of a rigmarole) so just grabbed the only Mountain in the game and called it a P-2, then gave it a fanciful paint job and called it a done deal. It's quite elegant for what it is, but it's no P-2. I had thought about trying to fix the alpha channel on it, but the A skin for it and the original U1is only 512 x 512, which means res is crap (IMO) so it's hardly worth bothering with.