Another Connie (coz we need an uglier one)

Creating and Editing Rollingstock
RayofSunshine
CEO

Re: Another Connie (coz we need an uglier one) Unread post

Well, I don't know if your name is Gumboots Wellington Galoshes the Third, but those pictures of the Consolidation is a very creditable facsimale. A great rendition. !*th_up*!
:salute: {,0,} {,0,}
Gumboots
CEO

Thanks. It's a fun one to play with. I enjoy it. :-)
Akarin
Watchman

Re: Another Connie (coz we need an uglier one - zip on page 4) Unread post

Gumboots wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:09 am Ok, tis done. If anyone is wondering what changed:

1/ There were a couple of minor mesh-related shading niggles, so I fixed those.

2/ I added some rivets to the cowcatcher, just because I could and I thought it needed them.

3/ The first skin was a bit too clean. It almost looked like an express loco instead of a freight beast. It was also a bit dark. So, I lightened it up some and gave it a bit of grunge, and tweaked some of the layer styles to work with all that. It looks better now, IMO.

4/ Tweaked the stats slightly.

5/Also tweaked the PopTop/1.06 Connie and the 1.06 Mogul stats a bit, so they all make more sense together.
Revised_stats.png
File for all of the above are in the zip. So are files for the expanded pax appeal scale. So is a readme, which you ought to read. :-D
Periodically I check into the forum to see if any new model drop. One day I'll get back into the game I swear. But anyway, I finally noticed this Pennsy H3 Consolidation. Since I love the Pennsy I'm not sure how I missed this. Out of curiosity is there any reason the H3 isn't listed amongst your other locomotives under the RRT3 downloads page of the website?

Also looking at my modded game, I see I have the Gumboots_Mogul_Rebuild_and_Reskin pack already installed too. Is the Mogul from the H3 pack more up to date than from the Gumboots_Mogul_Rebuild_and_Reskin pack and is it okay to install the full H3 pack with the Gumboots_Mogul_Rebuild_and_Reskin pack installed?
Gumboots
CEO

Re: Another Connie (coz we need an uglier one - zip on page 4) Unread post

Akarin wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:08 pmOut of curiosity is there any reason the H3 isn't listed amongst your other locomotives under the RRT3 downloads page of the website?
Yes. It's because I've been slack and never got around to it. :mrgreen:
I was playing with loco stats for a while, so was putting off adding it to the downloads page until I finalised stats. That turned into completely forgetting about it. I suppose I should take another look, and sort it out, but TBH I have not played the game for a while now. Maybe I should. :)

Also looking at my modded game, I see I have the Gumboots_Mogul_Rebuild_and_Reskin pack already installed too. Is the Mogul from the H3 pack more up to date than from the Gumboots_Mogul_Rebuild_and_Reskin pack and is it okay to install the full H3 pack with the Gumboots_Mogul_Rebuild_and_Reskin pack installed?
Yes to both questions. The H3 pack also contains modified loco stats for the Mogul and the default Connie. They are intended to give a better overall balance to the roster, and they turn the Connie into a normal loco for the period instead of a ridiculously strong rocket. These files will overwrite the default .lco and .car files, but will not change loco models or skins. The modified stats are optional, and I would advise keeping backup copies of the original files in case you want to change back.
Akarin
Watchman

Thanks for the clarification. I really need to get back into this game.