Terrain Levelers in 1.05?

Creating and editing buildings and Commodities.
SteamTrain
Hobo

Re: Terrain Levelers in 1.05? Unread post

If you go into "Special Conditions" in the edit mode and un click the "Disable Building Customs House". I believe this will activate the Terran levelers. Don't ask me why, I don't know. But it worked for me. This works in 1.06
RulerofRails
CEO

SteamTrain gave a good clue. The Terrain Levelers are linked to the Custom House. They are identified by a specific building identifier that seems to apply only to the station facilities. In the file its a #4 (position 181 in regular numbers in the bca file).

The problem with the levelers in 1.05, is that there is no Custom House. It's hidden away. Somehow, Milo must have found how to turn it back on in 1.06. So 1.06 got the extra option to turn the Custom House on and off, which as SteamTrain found controls the Terrain Levelers as well.

To get the Levelers working in 1.05, simply set this specific identifier in the range (0-3) of the other station facilities. Their availability is now linked to the "Disable Building Hotels, Restaurants, ..." in the editor. Here's a copy with the change made:
Attachments
TerrainLevellers for 1.05.zip
(894.31 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
Hawk
The Big Dawg

If this works for sure, I guess I should add it to the archives, along with the current one, and note which version of RT3 each zip works for.
Hawk
RulerofRails
CEO

"For sure", I hope it works. :lol: Tried it on both my machines. Doesn't hurt for more testing though. Game will need to be restarted completely if its running during the install.

Uploading is up to you. I never use the levelers much, but I see that the current file has 500+ downloads.

I would consider placing a note with the current version to the effect that the availability of the levelers in 1.06 is controlled with the ALLOW/DENY building Customs House switch in the editor. Terrain levelers are installed by default in TM.

Side-note: the Customs House itself can safely be removed from the "build list" in 1.06 by taking its bca and bty files out of the BuildingTypes folder even when the switch is set to ALLOW building. Disclaimer: It's useless as an industry, but there is a remote chance that somebody pre-placed one on a map for decoration. You would need it to load such a map. My limited memory doesn't remember such a map.
Just Crazy Jim
Dispatcher

I can confirm they list as intended and work (kind of sort of) in my 'nilla install of 1.05 - the large flattener doesn't seem to demonstrate much more of a foot print than the small version - about the difference between a oil well and a small house, which are both about 1 map grid. Nevertheless, brilliant work and useful additions for the sort like me that don't like resorting to the Editor for every grade change :D

Afterthought: I wonder if the other buildings (Stockyard, Silo, etc) will all have the same problem/fix for 1.05 use?
"We have no patience with other people's vanity because it is offensive to our own."
-- François de La Rochefoucauld. Réflexions ou sentences et maximes morales. 1665.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

RulerofRails wrote:Uploading is up to you. I never use the levelers much, but I see that the current file has 500+ downloads.
There has been 66 more downloads of them since I attached that spreadsheet. I guess I'll go a head and add the 1.05 version, just so folks have all known available options.
RulerofRails wrote:I would consider placing a note with the current version to the effect that the availability of the levelers in 1.06 is controlled with the ALLOW/DENY building Customs House switch in the editor. Terrain levelers are installed by default in TM.
I'll add that info to the current read me. Thanks!
Hawk
Hawk
The Big Dawg

OK! I got the 1.05 version added and edited the 1.06 read me. (0!!0)

http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt3/Xtras/Buil ... ctures.htm
Hawk
RulerofRails
CEO

The Railyard structures should work fine in 1.05. They aren't identified with the Customs House.

Hawk, this reminds me that part of what I added to the readme for the Railyard structures should be removed. This part:
Alternatively, renaming with a space and then a suffix can work (ex: Fertilizer RYSTRUCTURES.cty). When the space is
removed (ex: FertilizerRYSTRUCTURES.cty) the game will load the original unrenamed file (ex:Fertilizer.cty), allowing switching.
Remember the problem I had with Canyonlands? I inflicted that on myself by using this "rename" method.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

RulerofRails wrote:Hawk, this reminds me that part of what I added to the readme for the Railyard structures should be removed. This part:
Alternatively, renaming with a space and then a suffix can work (ex: Fertilizer RYSTRUCTURES.cty). When the space is
removed (ex: FertilizerRYSTRUCTURES.cty) the game will load the original unrenamed file (ex:Fertilizer.cty), allowing switching.
Done! :salute:
Hawk