TM Persian Electric

General discussion about TrainMaster
nedfumpkin
CEO

TM Persian Electric Unread post

TM_Persian_Electric.zip
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 584 times
Here is the final version of the Trainmaster scenario Persian Electric. I am still working on the customization pak that has gold domed mosques, and train skins and other stuff. When that is done, I'll include it in the zip.

The scenario is finished otherwise.

You should download the new language file, and the industry changes in the first persian electric zip located on the pre-beta page before installing this scenario. The player portrait for Darius Ali will be included in the patch that is coming.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: TM Persian Electric Unread post

nedfumpkin wrote:You should download the new language file, and the industry changes in the first persian electric zip located on the pre-beta page before installing this scenario. The player portrait for Darius Ali will be included in the patch that is coming.
...which can be found in this thread. viewtopic.php?f=74&t=2181
Hawk
edbangor
Dispatcher

I'm slightly confused as there seems to be two files named TM_Persian_Electric.zip one on this page and another Trainmaster Pre-Beta so perhaps one of them should be renamed to avoid confusion (and accidental overrighting of one or the other.

Especially as both contain a version of this map, with the same name, the one in the patch being being 20,348kb (dated 13/11/09) and this one 20,709 (22/11/09)

Presumable the latter one, being the later is the correct one but this could confuse and cause issues, especially if you get the patch from the Trainmaster Pre-Beta thread after getting the 'newer' map from here and it overwrites it.

Maybe the file for the patch should be renamed... and have the 'beta' version of the map, removed.
I need a little less pressure, and a little more time
"A Little More Homework" by Jason Robert Brown from 13: the Musical
nedfumpkin
CEO

Sorry about the confusion....normally I would have replaced the original zip, but I won't be getting to that next weekend. The file here is the finished scenario, but without the extras that I am still working on. The file on the pre-beta page has tweaks to the industries included, so it is necessary....the version on this page overwrites that map. (but won't work right without the industry tweaks).

This remains a work in progress, and this week is a bit of a transitionary period so things may be confusing.

I am working on a patch of sorts but it won't be until at least next weekend before I can get it completed. These are all things I am working on as I move towards a completed beta. The Persian Electric scenario will be included with that. So right now the scenario is more for map makers to see a completed scenario and map. Plus, it's off my to do list.

Right now I have a custom pak on the go for this scenario. It will have a mosque instead of the churches, and it includes the Baghdad railway sounds. I will also have new cars for the passenger, 1st class, and Troops. All this is done, still working on the loco skins so they all come from the same livery. Might make a few other things as well.

So once it is all done, it will be included in the grand zip for TM...but for now people can have a look.

Hawk...says it was d/led 141 times...this can't be right.
nedfumpkin
CEO

PS...as soon as I upload the Trainmaster.pk4 file, the portait for Darius Ali will look like this. :)

And of course the bio goes like this...

Born in captivity at the Tehran Zoo, Darius Ali was appointed chairman of the Persian Star Railway Company in 1995, after writing a series of scathing articles about the wretched state of Iranian railroads.
darius_ali.jpg
darius_ali.jpg (41.39 KiB) Viewed 18421 times
Hawk
The Big Dawg

nedfumpkin wrote:Hawk...says it was d/led 141 times...this can't be right.
That is strange, unless someone tried downloading it that many times but I don't know why.
I don't have any way to check on attachments in posts to see what's going on.
Hawk
nedfumpkin
CEO

Unless of course the US, Israeli, and Iranian intellegence communities are downloading it for training exercises...:)
Gwizz
CEO

For training!!!!!!!

Homeland security is building a file on suspected terrorist connections. :salute:

It must have been that turban that triggered the probe. :shock:
nedfumpkin
CEO

Well...when the news starts reporting that US forces have captured notorius Al Qaeda organizer Darius Ali, then we'll all know for sure that the mainstream media is lying to us. :)
El Moichi
Watchman

Ned! You haven´t read the newspaper this morning.....?
Newspaper.JPG
Newspaper.JPG (29.76 KiB) Viewed 18377 times
Keep on... I didn´t try Trainmaster yet, but soon.
nedfumpkin
CEO

It's because I don't read the German newspapers. :)

I'm still a couple of weeks (at least) from releasing the Beta....so might as well wait until then.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

^**lylgh
That's pretty good Moichi. !*th_up*!
Hawk
sbaros
Conductor

Assistance needed!
nedfumpkin wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:35 pm...Right now I have a custom pak on the go for this scenario. It will have a mosque instead of the churches, and it includes the Baghdad railway sounds
I found the Baghdad sounds, but not the mosque. Any idea about its precise whereabouts?
I have published here some further thoughts about the broader issue
If you have no Marxists in the leadership of your trade union, you have no trade union.
Abolish NATO and the (Na)zionist state !
Gumboots
CEO

I suspect the mosque building was never finished, and only the sounds were done. Also note that apparently it was intended to replace all churches in this scenario. In other words, you couldn't have a mixture to the two unless you created a separate mosque as a municipal building.

And no, you can't define extra architectural styles. Doesn't work. You can only use one of the existing styles.

One problem you may have hit with your attempt at a mosque is that the church and other municipal buildings do not have an architectural style. They always look the same, regardless of which style you set for domestic buildings and stations. So if you tried to set an architectural style in a building that had church attributes it may not work. I'm not sure, since I've never tried it myself.
sbaros
Conductor

The mosques are reported to be ready and downloadable! After initial success with one of the Persian houses as a substitute, it was preferred to use the 3D models of Persian stations instead. The house substitute would be wasted within Persian surroundings, where it would go unnoticed, while the station will stand out, as it is quite characteristic. I am convinced that the Prophet Himself would appreciate this too, since I believe He would undoubtedly be a railfan if He were with us! Nonetheless, I am open to suggestions, if one thinks of a better existing alternative, without designing something from scratch.
Station building cloning in general can -and will- be used for representation of municipal buildings, because stations look quite grandiose. Being generally away from the tracks, they don't risk much confusion with the functional railway terminals, at any case they don't turn green when pointed at. They would make nice district council buildings, townhalls, governor palaces and the like. At a first attempt, have started using them as "commercial buildings", since their consumer requirements would be more or less identical to the latter.
Beside the various Balkan scenarios, I recommend my mosque configurations for the Baghdad Railway as well {url=viewtopic.php?p=37344]
If you have no Marxists in the leadership of your trade union, you have no trade union.
Abolish NATO and the (Na)zionist state !