Removing Unwanted Add on locomotives

General discussion about TrainMaster
openheaders
Cat

Removing Unwanted Add on locomotives Unread post

Hey guys just wanted to ask if it's possible to remove locomotives that are added into the game from trainmaster, or any other mod for that matter. I'm thinking on removing foreign locomotives so I can have a clear roster for american locomotives and steamers. Not that I dislike foreign locomotives it's just I want to have room on my list for what I like to use.
Blackhawk
CEO

Re: Removing Unwanted Add on locomotives Unread post

You are probably better off adding more locomotives rather than removing some. I forget how many locomotives TM initially has, but you can have up to 129 locomotives in TM or 1.06.

While you can remove some locomotives, if you try to load a scenario that uses the locomotive you removed the game will crash.
Gumboots
CEO

I play with all the diesels and electrics removed, so you can do it if you want to. Just remove the .lco and .car files from Data/EngineTypes. Keep backup copies of the ones you remove, in case you need them later to get a scenario to open.
nedfumpkin
CEO

As BH said, removing locomotives could prove troublesome, however, there is a work around possible.

What you could do is create the model and skin files for the locomotives that you want but then edit existing locomotive lco car files to replace the files associated with that particular locomotive. In this way, you would see the locomotive that you want, and it wouldn't affect any games calling for the locomotive.

Ideally you would choose a loco to switch that has the same characteristics to make it easier. You would just create a custom pack for that locomotive that you would be able to use when you want, but not use when you want without having any impact on the game. TM was designed to be modular and custom packs make it easy to change things without major edits.

I think there are enough open spaces for about a dozen new locomotives in TM if anyone wants to make some.
openheaders
Cat

Allright I'll look into it, thanks guys :)