Agriculture in Trainmaster

Topics on how to write scenarios for TrainMaster.
AT41B
Watchman

Re: Agriculture in Trainmaster Unread post

Thank you, RoR,, for the information. I understand now about the "0"s. And I understand about the dedicated train at designated small stations, I use that technique already. I also buy several locos when they are reduced in price and place them in outlying locations in "stop" mode and when needed I activate them. I have to be careful about how long I keep them dormant. Anyway, thanks for the information.
sbaros
Conductor

As I proceeded in parallel with scenarios in Trainmaster and version 1.06, a few posts above, I commented favourably about Nedfumpkin's concept of the "Farmstead Cooperative", whose application I extended to version 1.06 by correcting all necessary cargo naming contained in the corresponding BCA stuff. They improved and streamlined Agricultural traffic very satisfactorily, but by the late 19th century they start intercepting/disrupting steel and oil traffic at a highly annoying level, both in version 1.06 and Trainmaster. For this reason, I have temporarily withdrawn the download links of my Farmsteads converted for version 1.06
At the moment, this is the main headache that blocks my testing and calibrating efforts for improving the industry and production cycles of both versions. Has this been found to constitute a problem by anyone else, and have any alternative solutions been uploaded? I am thinking of a maze of possible combinations of the different farm concepts, which confuses me to a paralyzing degree as to the evaluation of their advantages and disadvantages. But most importantly, I think some collective brainstorming and teamwork is necessary in order to produce Farmstead solutions that:
  1. Will be widely-acceptable, without side-effects like the above
  2. Will not result in a labyrinth of private spin-off RRT3 subvariants that will mess up map-sharing due to incompatibilities
  3. Will make a maximum use of existing program assets and require a minimum of file downloading and installation complexities
  4. Will deserve to become recommended downloads, located close to the main versions' download links with relevant documentation encouraging users to adopt them
If you have no Marxists in the leadership of your trade union, you have no trade union.
Abolish NATO and the (Na)zionist state !
RulerofRails
CEO

Try my "corrected" files. :-D

I endeavored to make them line up with the TM Cargo Chain Guide. The demands at the default ones are way higher than what is shown in that PDF. If you find some mistakes where they don't line up with the PDF, feel free to let me know so they can be corrected.
sbaros
Conductor

2 experimental vineyards
The default vineyard is assumed to convert all its produce to alcohol. I have some objections to this, so I set up 2 alternatives: One is based upon the distributed Trainmaster vineyard, but makes no alcohol directly. Its main output is produce, which is converted to alcohol with a second production chain. This means it can make alcohol from intercepted nearby produce sources too, and also sell fruit leftovers elsewhere. The other is much simpler, it makes fixed amounts of produce and alcohol and it is also directly usable with versions 1.06 and older, once a suitable BTY model is provided.
In case anyone wants to give them a try:
Attachments
FarmVines.zip
(308 Bytes) Downloaded 136 times
FarmVinesimplified.zip
(216 Bytes) Downloaded 142 times
sbaros
Conductor

So far I have not found any explicit data, but by indirectly combining various statistics it seems that production of 1 ton of sugar will require the energy equivalent of more than 2 tons of coal in the real world. Can anyone verify this?
RulerofRails
CEO

Sugar cane/beets are no more than 18% sugar. Not sure about beets. but the fiber from sugar cane can be used as fuel for the mill. This is in the "modern" period. Ethanol is made from sugar cane quite efficiently. Not sure what purification/filtration standard is needed for that.

In terms of 19th century. Sugar was normally sold in loaves. I would assume that the process for this is less energy intensive. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugarloaf
sbaros
Conductor

So far, I have come up with this proposal as far as sugar production is concerned. I am further contemplating to transfer the alcohol-from-sugar production from the conventional distillery to the sugar mills.
I hope the download has not any necessary stuff left out.
Gumboots
CEO

Read the notes there. Just FYI, it's pretty common to transport sugar can up to about 30 km to a mill. Maybe a bit more in some situations.
sbaros
Conductor

Yes, 30 km is the catchment area of a large station in Tycoon, which leaves the sugar mill feeder lines -and any other industrial shortlines for that matter- far outside the scope and intended scale of Tycoon. To my regret, since I am a lifelong fan of sugar mill locos and stuff.
Gumboots
CEO

It would be easy to set up some narrow gauge/industrial lines on a suitable scale. I have thought of doing it before. The real difficulty is thinking up an entertaining and playable scenario scripting to go with them.
sbaros
Conductor

In conjunction to these remarks
sbaros wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:53 pm ...A brewery cannot dispatch more carloads of beer than the received carloads of bottles and barrels...
I am uploading here the first 2 BCAs that I modified according to them.
Attachments
Apothecary&Brewery.zip
(716 Bytes) Downloaded 120 times
sbaros
Conductor

Some reflections on the woodworking industry
https://rrtycoon.blogspot.com/2021/08/t ... in-rr.html
sbaros
Conductor

A small modification in Trainmaster's Distillery Unread post

I found it more appropriate to change the corn requirement back to sugar.
Admittedly, several sugar refineries are known to produce alcohol directly on their own, but I have not located any statistics to estimate the importance of their output compared to the conventional Distilleries.
Attachments
Distillery.zip
(308 Bytes) Downloaded 127 times