Persian Electic

Topics on how to write scenarios for TrainMaster.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Persian Electic Unread post

Here's a copy of the Iran map that I am working on in case anyone wants to check it out. I only have a few events in it since I have to play the map to get a sense of it before setting goals.

The gyst of it is to generate electricity. You don't have to own the electric plants, but only Iranian electricity counts. As it stands now, diesel locomotives are much cheaper to operate than electric. That will change once electricy is generated and then diesel will be more expensive.

Connect diagonally across the map, with Tehran as your centre.Actually, you will have to connect all the cities to succeed in this map. A nuke plant will appear in 2000, and another after the first load of isotopes is shipped.

There will be an average speed requirement, but I don't know what it is yet. You'll notice the ledger is set up to display stats for goal setting.

Player cash is a requirement, but here is the twist...you can't buy or sell stock, but your company can buy back or issue stock. You start off with 3 shares of a total of 10. Expect it to split 5 or 6 to one at the end of the year. Cash will be issued based on salary, dividends, and bonuses..i.e, 10k for every million of industry profit. Right now the goal is 2.5 million.

So if you want to have a look and see how it plays...feel free...pm me with your stats... I've also decided that the map will play for 30-35 years and goals are awarded based on accomplishments.

PS...still haven't painted or finished putting trees on the map. There'll also but a customizing pak for this map.
edbangor
Dispatcher

Re: Persian Electic Unread post

I had a look at this Ned, and the map looks great, even without the final painting, although admittedly I only wanted to see how you'd set the towns, co-ops up and see if I could 'borrow' some ideas...

I did have a few years of play but am terrible at the ave speeds goals so doubt I'd be anything useful for you. Sorry.
I need a little less pressure, and a little more time
"A Little More Homework" by Jason Robert Brown from 13: the Musical
nedfumpkin
CEO

Thanks Ed...feel free to steal ideas as much as you want.

I've got a lot more done on the map, and I have played it a bit. Unfortunately I am discovering that the electric plant and nuke plant aren't producing electricity properly, so I am trying out new recipes for them. It's weird because I did a lot of testing on them, but that was with the old exe file, and I am wondering if the new exe doesn't like the way they were. Now at least the are making electricity properly.

The average speed requirement in this scenario results in bonuses. The trick with this is to use the spur method. Near stations, run a short branch line off to where you have a maintenance facility at the end of the line. Place a service tower in front of it. I use double track for these. In steam scenarios it is reversed with the service tower at the end.

Order your trains as thus:

A (no cargo)
A's maintenance facilty
A (with cargo)
B (with cargo)

Depending on how far away A and B are, I can sometimes repeat the with cargo orders two or three times.

This way your locomotive comes off the line for regular servicing. It doesn't stop while it is carrying cargo, so this keeps your speed up a lot. It also helps reduce breakdowns by keeping your trains well maintained. If you run too low on oil then your chance of a breakdown increases.
nedfumpkin
CEO

I'm almost finished this scenario....it's turned out to be a 50 year game where you will play for the fifty years, and at the end you will get your medal based on your accomplishments. Still testing it out. Shoud be completed next week sometime.
nedfumpkin
CEO

download/file.php?id=1233 ---Persian Electric

I've just uploaded the scenario and included some fixes to the game. It bascially needs the tress finished and paint, but otherwise the goals are set, etc.

It's now a 50 year map. You have 3 basic goals....connect Tehran to four cities, generate 25,000 gwh of electricity, and accumulate 5 million in player cash.

I don't want to lay out too much of the strategy for this scenario since it is designed to be really difficult. For that reason, the player will get to basically play through without much interuption. The normal economy newspapers will show up, but other than 2 other newspapers announcing territory access, and some industry placements, there are no other events.

This map is about planning and organization. Track doesn't need to be connected. Although a station is placed at Tehran, you can start anywhere on the map. I put the station because once the city spawned, it was difficult to lay straight track through it. Of course, as can be seen in another thread, that doesn't stop the buildings from straddling the track. :) Population levels are based on 2006.

The key to this map is your average speed. The faster you go, the more cash you make, but also, production is increased. The best method for achieving this is using spurs for maintenance. I've found that if you look hard enough, there is always a decent path through the mountains that will allow you to keep your grades at less than 3% for almost all of it. Of course you get to snake miles out of your way.

Generating electricity is another important factor. As much as there is a goal of 25K gwh, if your company is producing it, you get cash bonuses.

Buy back stock early so you have a greater share of it. In no time the stock will be well beyond range of owning all of it through buy backs, so the better you can improve your position, the more in dividends you can make.

Rattle your sabre....move troops around, ship ammunition and weapons to terrorists....build a missile and get a million bucks.

But basically, this scenario requires you to make choices on where you invest your money and when, and that ultimately will determine success or failure.

Sometimes the power plant make money, sometimes they don't...just like real life.

Note...in the TM players and company logos, I have the Pakistan RR for the New Orient Express scenario that was going to go from Pak to Turkey...this scenario makes that redundant. so I am going to make a new player and company logo for the final version. Also coming is a custom pak for Persian mosques, sounds, and skins for the locomotives.
sbaros
Conductor

Why are we not authorised to download this attachment?
If you have no Marxists in the leadership of your trade union, you have no trade union.
Abolish NATO and the (Na)zionist state !
Gumboots
CEO