New Scenario design Question

Topics on how to write scenarios for TrainMaster.
dbmsts
Hobo

New Scenario design Question Unread post

Hi,

I'm currently trying to figure out how to manually place a gold mine on a map. Can anyone help?

I've figured out how to add cities, but raw materials and industries I still can't figure out. I want to know both how I can spawn certain buildings and also how I can place buildings manually during map creation.
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Re: New Scenario design Question Unread post

To place a building on the map in a specific site during map creation you have to "build" it, which means you have to start a company and build it as you would during a game. You can use the cheat codes to give your company enough cash to put whatever you want (buildable things) wherever you want. After you're done, just "liquidate" the company. If you want to place specific buildings at specific places at specific times during the scenario, you can use an event.
dbmsts
Hobo

thanks wolverine for the reply,

a few more questions......

1. How can I liquidate a company after creating it? Will the structures/buidlings that I set up using that company remain after liquidation?

2. Secondly, there's a map I'm working on and it already has some other AI companies, can I remove some or all of them?

3. Lastly, in the sandbox mode can it says somewhere (can't remember where) that the economic aspect is turned off, can anyone elaborate on this? Will I still be able to make a profit while playing in a sandbox?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

dbmsts wrote:3. Lastly, in the sandbox mode can it says somewhere (can't remember where) that the economic aspect is turned off, can anyone elaborate on this? Will I still be able to make a profit while playing in a sandbox?
In sandbox mode there is no money involved. You don't spend money. You don't make money.
Hawk
Blackhawk
CEO

First, it's my belief that you don't need to make a company to be able to place buildings. If you want them company owned then, yes, you have to start a company. But if you just want a random building around then you just go to the 2nd icon in the 1st row and scroll down under add city/add label etc there are options to build the buildings.

Second, to spawn industries you'll create cities and regions and within those areas you will have to vary the percentages for the likelihood that the building appears. I believe Oilcan's manual explained how the percentages work. I'm not sure which thread that is in or if Hawk has it on the download page.

-------
1. You liquidate the company by going to the company icon in the menu and then the first option (the book) tells you the company's revenue and the option to resign as chairman or liquidate the company. The buildings the company owned will still be there, but no longer owned by the company. Its track will also remain.

2. If you want to remove AI companies you can do that. You'll have to manually delete any track they may have, but other than that you can just liquidate them, or if they don't already have companies (they just start companies when the scenario starts) you can go into the editor and remove any other companies. (The bottom icon on the left, and then go to players and remove any AI players)

3. Hawk already answered this one. There's no economics on sandbox mode. It's all for fun and not worrying about shipping cargo for a profit, or having money to buy a locomotive, etc.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Blackhawk wrote:I believe Oilcan's manual explained how the percentages work. I'm not sure which thread that is in or if Hawk has it on the download page.
Yep! It's available on this page. :salute:

http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt3/Xtras/Tips_Tuts_Utils.htm

It's the A Handbook to RT3 - 2010
Hawk
dbmsts
Hobo

thanks Hawk and Blackhawk for the replies and the strategy guide.

Yes Blackhawk I think you're right, I don't need to start a company to build buildings/industry. I had to go to the control panel and in the special conditions option I had to deselect an option that disabled setting up of industry structures.
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

I stand corrected. :oops: