Railroad Tycoon 3 with brother, windows 7 and 10! Also CD version

Tips & suggestions for a good RT3 playing environment.
Gunnar
Cat

Railroad Tycoon 3 with brother, windows 7 and 10! Also CD version Unread post

So my brother is over for a week and we want to play Railroad tycoon 3.

OPERATING SYSTEM OPTIONS:

Windows 7 computer
Windows 10 computer
Windows XP computer

(plan to use windows 7 computer and windows xp computer)

---

We have the CD VERSION. Only one copy. It is the double disc version. It REQUIRES a cd to be in the game to play. But with a no cd patch then we should be fine.

PROBLEM is we cannot play multiplayer since no gamespy, and the multiplayer EXE that someone made will probably make it require the CD again so again we cannot both play.

So what do you guys recommend we do?
Last edited by Gunnar on Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gunnar
Cat

Re: Railroad Tycoon 3 with brother, windows 7 and 10! Also CD version Unread post

also when patching from 1.00 version, should I do patch 1.03, then patch 1.04, then patch 1.05?

I tried doing patch 1.04 on 1.00 but it says

Can't create output file: c:/program files/railroad tycoon 3/rt3.exe

and when I try to download patch 1.03 norton says it has bad reputation and deletes it. has the download been tampered with?
RulerofRails
CEO

Re: Railroad Tycoon 3 with brother, windows 7 and 10! Also CD version Unread post

I believe that the 1.03 patch isn't necessary. You should be able to go straight to patch 1.04, then follow that with 1.05. The error you can see may be because the installer can't write there or isn't being run admin mode. It is always recommended practice to put the game folder straight on a drive such as C:\Railroad Tycoon 3.

Where did you find the Multiplayer exe file? The matchmaker site has dead links at the moment.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Starting with Vista, any programs/files in the Program Files (86) folder or the Program Files folder are protected from being overwritten. As RoR mentioned, it's best to install RT3 outside of either of those directories.

You can find a no-cd patch at this link.

http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt3/no_cd/no_cd_patch.htm
Hawk