Problems with installing Patches (already CtC)

Tips & suggestions for a good RT3 playing environment.
leaunseld
Cat

Problems with installing Patches (already CtC) Unread post

Hey there,

I have problems installing just a single patch. I already tried several times. My operating system is Windows 8.1.

When installing the CTC patch only (by unzipping it into my RT3 Folder) it does not work. It just shows me the CD icon and then nothing happens. Same by installing CTC patch first, then installing the 1.05. And also the same at CTC, 1.05 and then the vista fix by copying the engine file. Always the same problem. What am I doing wrong? (Maybe my RT3 is on e:\games\rt3 and not in the programs folder?)

Appreciate your help!

Lea.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Problems with installing Patches (already CtC) Unread post

I'm guessing that you installed RT3 from the cd(s) and not a Steam install, based on the install directory.

From Windows Vista forward, the Program Files (86) and the Program Files directories are designed so that files in them can not be overwritten, so installing RT3 on your E drive is the better option.

Try this. Install the C to C patch (version 1.04), then install the 1.05 patch, then the Vista fix. Before trying to run the game though, go to this link - http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt3/no_cd/no_cd_patch.htm - and follow the instructions.
Then see if RT3 will fire up.

See if that helps.

Also, here's a topic already started on this subject - viewtopic.php?f=82&t=3748 - that may give a little more info that could apply to you.
Hawk
leaunseld
Cat

Thanks a lot, Hawk! That finally worked for me. Just a small notice. In the thread you linked about The NoCD patch it is said that I have to remove the CD prior starting the game. In my case, this worked not, I had to insert the CD.

Well, thanks a lot, now I have a whole new bunch of scenarios to try!
Lea
Hawk
The Big Dawg

If you remove the cd from the drive, then reboot the computer, RT3 won't ask for the disk again, if you used the no-cd patch I linked to.
Hawk