RT3 Building And Structure Mod(s) Issue

Tips & suggestions for a good RT3 playing environment.
ultenhiemer
Cat

RT3 Building And Structure Mod(s) Issue Unread post

Hi there,

So I am using Railroad Tycoon 3 the 2.0.0.6 GOG version, I am able to use the engine and carriage mods but when it comes to installing any of the new building mods I encounter a problem. after installing the building mods, when I run a new game, at the bottom of the build list I have a long list of Ports and Warehouses; on top of that I lose the yellow highlighted buildings (Post Office, Restaurant, Tavern, Hotel... Etc).

Though when I tried to single out the problem mod and install them one at a time and then run a new game scenario this exact same issue occurred on every single individual installation.

Am I doing something wrong? I followed the readme(s) exactly and placed them in their appropriately advised folder(s). I really dont have any issue with installing the engine and carrige mods. I am only unable to properly use/install the new buildings without affecting the old ones by the looks of things.

Can someone advise?
AT41B
Watchman

Re: RT3 Building And Structure Mod(s) Issue Unread post

The same thing happens to me some times. I found that SOME time that if I go into the editor mode and click on the industries and go down the list of used/unused checks and change to whichever it is already checked (only the ones that you have a problem with), then go back to the game. It may give you the situation you want. But about the multiple ports/warehouses, I just overlook them or trial and error (on the side) to find each one's configuration before I use it as a buy. All I know is trial and error, then remember.
Gumboots
CEO

With ports and warehouses: they appear in the list in numerical order. #1 of each is in alphabetical order in the list (ie: single port before steel mill before single warehouse) and then a block of ports and a block of warehouses at the end of the list.

In the editor the singles are numbered 1, and the remaining blocks are numbered 2, 3, 4, etc down the list. This gets screwed up when people give the ports and warehouses names, because once they are named they switch to alphabetical order in the editor, but stay in the same numerical order in the buy/build list. This is what makes it confusing.

The best way around this is to give them numbers and names in the editor, to keep them all in the right order. So you could have 1- Bognor Regis then 2 - Whatever, etc. That way the editor listing (which gives the recipes) and the buy/build list will match for order, which makes it easier when you're trying to figure out which one you want. You can just nick into the editor, figure out you want a number 5, and know that will be the fourth one in the block of them at the end of the buy/build list.
RulerofRails
CEO

Haven't heard of this one before. Where are you finding your GOG version number? Screenshot would be great. I have a GOG version, but maybe it got an update???

I never heard of the problem you are having. Are you sure you aren't in EDITOR mode? You can switch in/out with any map loaded with the Shift+E key.

Did you install the 1.06 patch? This patch allows the player to build warehouses and ports (normally requiring some setup in the editor). I think I remember some issue with these buildings not appearing in 1.06, but only in some of the default maps. Which map/s are you trying to play?

These details will help me to get an idea when suggesting things you could try to get around the problem. :-)