CTD in Coast to Coast scenario - Windows-related?

Tips & suggestions for a good RT3 playing environment.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

CTD in Coast to Coast scenario - Windows-related? Unread post

I have just started to get CTDs playing Pacific NorthWest, an original Coast to Coast scenario. I have played it several times already (finding it enormously difficult) without anything like that. I recently switched to the "no=CD" version but I've played it a fair few times since then. The only thing I can think of is I've just had Windows updates KB5028166 and KB5028853. Would this affect the game? Anybody else had problems?
Gumboots
CEO

Re: CTD in Coast to Coast scenario - Windows-related? Unread post

I haven't played the game since my last binge on Southern Pacific. I'll haul it out tonight and see what happens. I've just had the same updates to Windoze, so it should be a good comparison.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Well, I made the mistake of contacting Micro$oft. Three hours of my life I'll never get back! it seems to be some conflict between the update and the DirectX but they wren't able to help much.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Be careful! My PC has died, I don't know why but it's obviously something to do with the update or the attempts to recover it. It's trying a system restore now.
Gumboots
CEO

Sounds ominous. My pooter seems to be running fine, even after the latest Windoze updates. I can't report on RT3 compatibility yet because I still haven't got around to trying it (busy with non-RT3 things).
Grandma Ruth
CEO

I'll let you know how it goes!
ETA:
Restore didn't work. Now re-installing Windows. Shazbat!
RulerofRails
CEO

That's unfortunate. For whatever it's worth, the game is running fine for me with these patches installed. I played through Coast to Coast a couple times without issue.

Probably the most interesting was, southern path $40M industry profit without bonds. Took just over 12 years. This map is really overloaded with resources. The map also suffers from seeding disparity, especially in Florida. Either you start rich in resources, so it's hard to argue against a rail start. Or you start with very few, then buying the Dairies as they seed in is probably the play. Somebody probably mentioned it before, but there's a "ghost" river just east of San Diego. I always wondered why I got strange bridges in that area. *!*!*!
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Thanks guys! Good to have your support. As the update didn't make any difference to RoR I went ahead and let the new install update itself. All is fine, no problems so it must have been something else.