Britain

Discuss about strategies used for the default RT3 scenarios.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Britain Unread post

I did a search for Britain, of which there doesn't seem to be a "direct" tread. It is part of my Platinum version. But then, it won't be the first time I was not able to find stuff. **!!!**

Any way, the scenario does not seem to be completely finished. Lots of coal and iron, but when "iron" was no longer acceptable at the "tool and Die", there never was a "initiative" to produce a steel mill. Now the time deadline is 1855, which might be the reason, as the schedule allots such "introduction" as 1856. However, I extended play well beyond, and it never did appear.
There is the same "problem" with that of "milk", which was not longer acceptable, except to that of a "dairy processor", which the scheduled allots such introduction in 1880. But again, on continuing play, it still has not been incorporated by 1900.

I suppose the user creator didn't figure it necessary in both cases, as the time duration ends prior to both industries. Too bad as I enjoy playing these scenarios, and it would make it of interest to those who also extend beyond the "deadlines".
:salute: {,0,}
Gumboots
CEO

Re: Britain Unread post

Ok, you can change that in the editor if you want to. Pause the game, and Shift+E to open the editor.
Enable any industries you want enabled. Shift+E again to go back to the game. Easy. (0!!0)
RayofSunshine
CEO

Well Gumboots,
For the suggestion, and I thought the same, but find that Editor with the Shift+E, doesn't work that way with Platinum. The action only gives you the list of all the active trains operation. Just like only pressing the letter E. ^**lylgh Well, at least in the Campaign scenario. :salute: {,0,}
Gumboots
CEO

I don't have the Platinum version, so can't test it myself.

The Britain map has been around since 2003, but was never hooked up to the campaigns. I checked my 1.05 CTC installation and there is a Britain.gmp, but it isn't accessible from the campaign or scenario selection menus. It's only available as a sandbox or in the editor. I assume this is because there was something wrong with it.

I looked in the editor and the medal conditions are very simple. The map appears to be the same as "British Isles". I think they might have left this one out because it was an early development version of British Isles, which has a much more complete story and coding. My 2c is if you want to play this one, just open it in the editor and make whatever changes you think it needs.
RulerofRails
CEO

Ray, could it be that you are playing Railroad Tycoon II? That has a Platinum version.

Also, there is no direct way to the editor while playing (Shift+E doesn't work the same way as RT3). As you might guess editing maps is therefore more difficult and can't be done on the fly. You would have to make the changes before starting from scratch.

As with any scenario, it boils down to the vision of the creator and how they imagined it to be played. This sort of thing is in my opinion not grounds to call the map unfinished/needing changes. But thankfully we can personalize to our tastes if we want. :-)
Gumboots
CEO

It'd be funny if he was playing RT2. That would explain a few things. :-D

But there really is what seems to be an unfinished Britain map in RT3. It has been sitting in the maps folder since 2003, but you can't access it from the scenario or campaign menus. No idea why. If a .gmp isn't corrupted it is always available from one of those menus, as far as I know, but this odd one isn't. **!!!**

Yet, as I found out by trying it, you can access it as a sandbox or via the editor. Weird, huh?

Anyway, this isn't a 1.06 scenario, so I'll move the thread to the default scenarios board. !*th_up*!
RayofSunshine
CEO

WOW, "it has been some time since I went thru some of the threads". And yes, I guess I just tried to find the answer to a RT2 in the RT3 version. But not to have played the RT2 for some time, I will have to get back to it, and try and see what "my problem". Getting old, the mind plays tricks, of trying to keep things straight. GOLDEN YEARS. LOL But at this late date, I want to "thank you fellas" for the input.
eldomtom2
Hobo

Gumboots wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:21 am It'd be funny if he was playing RT2. That would explain a few things. :-D

But there really is what seems to be an unfinished Britain map in RT3. It has been sitting in the maps folder since 2003, but you can't access it from the scenario or campaign menus. No idea why. If a .gmp isn't corrupted it is always available from one of those menus, as far as I know, but this odd one isn't. **!!!**

Yet, as I found out by trying it, you can access it as a sandbox or via the editor. Weird, huh?

Anyway, this isn't a 1.06 scenario, so I'll move the thread to the default scenarios board. !*th_up*!
It's not an unfinished map - Britain is thhe filename of the Flying Scotsman campaign map.