HEXUM

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.05 and earlier.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Re: HEXUM Unread post

Thanks for the info Fellas.
And yes, I do believe that Hexum is of an older era than the present Madagascar. Will give your suggestions an attempt. Now being that I had played Hexum years ago without any problem, it is more probable that the Madagascar "bauxite cars" could be the problem. Will let you know.
That could very well be the problem with the Basic Ship Testing as well. Maybe "kill 2 birds with one correction. LOL :salute: {,0,}
Gumboots
CEO

The basic ship testing was made with WP&P's custom cars, so will require all of those. It will also require a couple of custom locomotives (Schools beta and A1 Berkshire). This is just because that was what I was running at the time, and it was never meant to be a finished playable scenario. It's only a demonstration of the shipping lanes concept.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Well thanks Gumboots for the info. I had downloaded the Madagascar, but only to put it into a "save" folder. However, don't know the reason on my 2nd attempt, it booted up without any problem. BUT, then I remembered this scenario. A person has to either have a contract for elevators, or be a mountain goat. I did try playing it, but "escarpments" are not my better choicen scenarios. So did not attempt much time in an attempt to play it. :salute: {,0,}
Cash on Wheels
Conductor

Hawk wrote:Hmm? There's nothing on the website or in the zip that says that Hexum requires any extra content, and nothing in this topic about it.

It may be another map you've installed that require that rollingstock, even if you're not playing that particular map, especially considering that Hexum was released before the bauxite cars (I'm pretty sure of that), which means that Hexum can't require the bauxite cars since they weren't available when Hexum was created.

I see you recently downloaded the Madagascar map. I know you do not have a separate 1.05 and 1.06 install, so try moving the Madagascar map out of the maps folder and see if you still have the same problem.
I'm just guessing here, but I do know that Cash on Wheels (who released the Madagascar map) did download the bauxite cars and may have unintentionally used them som when creating Madagascar.
Does this stop players who have not downloaded WPP's packs from playing these maps? I can confirm that hbaux.3dp is loaded into the Madagascar.gmp.

I ran a few trains on the map in the early stages of scripting events. Later on I axed the routes and changed the course of the game. Also CW colorado quarry pulls out WWP's coal goppers on the first few trains.
Gumboots
CEO

Yes. If the custom cars have been loaded while testing the map, anyone who wants to play the map will need to have the custom cars installed.
Cash on Wheels
Conductor

Gumboots wrote:Yes. If the custom cars have been loaded while testing the map, anyone who wants to play the map will need to have the custom cars installed.
One fix I'll try is to reload the untouched 1.05 cargos into the map and resave it. Then manually paste over the 10 extra 1.06 cargos. If that does not work, then I'll paste over every cargo!
Gumboots
CEO

It's not the cargoes. It's the cars that carry them. Once you have run the custom cars they are locked into the map. If you save the map after using custom cars, they become a permanent fixture of the map. AFAIK the only way around this would be to directly edit the hex code for the .gmp, but offhand I don't know which bits you would have to edit.
Cash on Wheels
Conductor

Gumboots wrote:It's not the cargoes. It's the cars that carry them. Once you have run the custom cars they are locked into the map. If you save the map after using custom cars, they become a permanent fixture of the map. AFAIK the only way around this would be to directly edit the hex code for the .gmp, but offhand I don't know which bits you would have to edit.
False alarm.

This only appiles to saved games or games that start with trains alreadly running. The map.gmp will load whatever you have available! :salute:

While I'm here I might a well try HEXUM!