Navajo Land - Beta Test

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.05 and earlier.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Navajo Land - Beta Test Unread post

This map has been added to the archives.

http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt3/map_arch/r ... merica.htm
Hawk
Gumboots
CEO

Was the beta version ever changed in any way?
RayofSunshine
CEO

Hawk,
I don't believe that Winston Churchill wanted us to "stand on our heads" in order to read his comment. ^**lylgh

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocidile - hoping that it will eat him last". :salute: {,0,}
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Gumboots wrote:Was the beta version ever changed in any way?
I'm not sure. I haven't heard any details about it from Ray yet.
Ray of Sunshine wrote:Hawk,
I don't believe that Winston Churchill wanted us to "stand on our heads" in order to read his comment. ^**lylgh
^**lylgh I found a website that will convert text to that format and thought it was funny.

http://www.sevenwires.com/play/UpsideDownLetters.html
Hawk
RayofSunshine
CEO

Well Hawk,
I like your sense of humor, but just thought that you might have been laying down when you made the statment. I was more concerned that you had not "gone off the cliff". However, it has been shown in a couple of different tests, that a person can leave out vowels and even some words in a sentence, and still make sense, or is readable. But it has be a number of years since I had seen those tests, and did find it interesting. It does take a little more time to read to understand the statement, sort of like
Pig Latin which was used many years ago. :salute: {,0,}
bmheron
Hobo

just played this one for the first time. really enjoyed it b/c it was so different. played it on Expert and only achieved Silver. Missed it b/c of the Uranium hail (got to about 300 of the 375 goal). everything else i crushed by alot. So figured I probably should've put more focus on hualing early on. or maybe setup some industries that would up the demand? also, i totally missed out on the price of industries dropping in certain reservations. i know there was a notice about it. but you dont see the price change until to hover the industry over the spot. so i did everything without any industry income. in the end when i figured this out and my uranium hail was low, i tried to build a couple nuclear power plants with the hope of drawing out some of the uranium supply from stations.

anyway, nice job. will def play it again!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Gumboots wrote:Was the beta version ever changed in any way?
He said he made a lot of the changes suggested by posts in this thread.
Hawk
Gumboots
CEO

Took a look. It seems to be much the same apart from a couple of minor tweaks, so everyone already knows my opinion. No point repeating it.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Gumboots wrote:so everyone already knows my opinion. No point repeating it.
Agreed! :mrgreen:
Hawk
digitalaviator
Cat

Really enjoyed this scenario. After 2 runs, on the third run, I was able to connect somewhere around 90% of the reservation, sponsor all stuff at the max levels, and ALMOST get gold (A bit short on the uranium, I didn't see the early mining end until it was too late, plus I was a bit late connecting to New Mexico. One thing that is bugging me is the tourism event. I never got that complete, even though my system served all of the places, and even threw in a train from my station in Flagstaff to Window Rock, stopping at the three places.
RulerofRails
CEO

digitalaviator, I was hoping that Oilcan might come by to explain more about the Tourism event. I have played this and the event worked right for me, it is often a good investment. I would try to double-check that the connections are registering. Sometimes the game gets a little confused with connections, something to do with track laying I believe. If you have a save from at least a year before the medal, you could zip it up and attach it to a post and I will try to have a look to see if I can see anything.
digitalaviator
Cat

Here's the last save before 1985. The rail network is pretty much the same as in 1985. I played the map in 1.06, if that matters.
Attachments
navajo.rar
(6.76 MiB) Downloaded 210 times
RulerofRails
CEO

I can't load the file. Are you using some custom cars or engines? If so, and you tell me what they are, I should be able to open it.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

RulerofRails wrote:I can't load the file. Are you using some custom cars or engines? If so, and you tell me what they are, I should be able to open it.
Yep! It hangs on loading the car database, which means he has some rollingstock installed that you and I don't.
Hawk
nedfumpkin
CEO

I tried plaing this with a pure RT3 version, by that I mean patched to 1.05 and with no mods whatsoever, not even a new locomotive.

I crash if I try to save, or eventually, it will crash after 2 or 3 months. Anyone figure out what's wrong with it yet?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Are you trying to load the saved game digitalaviator attached to a post, or the map from the archives?
Hawk
nedfumpkin
CEO

I ws using the map from the archives.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

OK! Let me try it an see what happens.
I haven't played the final version.
Hawk
nedfumpkin
CEO

I think I figured out the problem. Some of the events eems weird, however, I think the problem comes from locomotives missing. One of the start up events is using an effect for an unknown locomotive. So I'll have to figure out whih one it is.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Which event is it and I'll check.
I played the map for 15 months and saved a couple of times with no problem.
Hawk