Brazil Revisited (1.3 Final Release)

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.06.
Gumboots
CEO

Re: Brazil Revisited (1.3 Final Release) Unread post

Firefly 2-2-2 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:35 am Hi, there, Gumboots. Here's the .zip file. But still, I'm gonna stick with .rar since it's so much better than .zip :-D .
No, it isn't. It's just another compression format. There are stacks of compression formats available. Using .7z will give even better compression than using .rar, if saving bytes is what you're worried about, but unless you're downloading hundreds of meg worth of archives the difference is minimal in practice. Nobody really cares about an extra few hundred k here and there.

Anyway, I don't know what you were doing with your .rar archives, but neither WinRAR nor 7zip would open them. However, both can open the new zip without any dramas. As I expected. There you go. So, if you want the least dramas for the most people, don't use .rar.
Firefly 2-2-2
Watchman

Re: Brazil Revisited (1.3 Final Release) Unread post

It's an ingrained habit of mine to use .rar and I never had that many problems with it until now. Really. But there you go, .zip version for those who have problems with the original .rar :-D .

.Rar compression often is better than .Zip. Some test benchmarks noticed this difference (https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/rar-zip-rar-software/). I got the habit years ago, really, it's like smoking or breathing. But it has been quite a while since I uploaded anything on the net.