Map of Middle Earth

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.06.
Eduhum
Hobo

Map of Middle Earth Unread post

Hi everyone!
I had to write this twice cause stupid error. But lets move on.

Some years ago I made a map of middle earth. It turned out to be complicated and complex. I was 13 atm and didn't know how to master the advanced mechanics of the world editor.
My goal for the map was to created a lore based realistic world of LOTR, end of the 4th age. I consider myself quite a Tolkien amateur, having read his books Many times, and managing the very basics of Quenya.
Anyways, it was 2008-9 and the internet wasn't yet filled with detailed maps of middle earth, but I managed to do my research and I finally made 'by hand' an I think very accurate 3D version of Middle Earth. But I was tired of the project and as I have said earlier I didn't understand to economic part, so this map is Incomplete. It has countries, but no cities, texts, events, or specialized economy. I leave it here because I want to share my effort and don't make my map fall into unjust dustiness and oblivion.

Here are some screenshots:

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN HOW TO PUT THE FILE?

Thanks.

EDIT: Images are on the 2nd page. Download link is further down. Ty.
Last edited by Eduhum on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Blackhawk
CEO

Re: Map of Middle Earth Unread post

Zip the file up in a .rar or .zip file and then under the Submit button there is another area that says options and a tab next to that which says "upload attachment." Click on the upload attachment and then find and attach your zip or rar file (by hitting add file) and you should upload the file along with your post to the forum.
Attachments
upload.jpg
upload.jpg (24.41 KiB) Viewed 6378 times
Eduhum
Hobo

Ty Hawk!
Attachments
Middle Earth.gmp.zip
Download File - Middle Earth Map
(2.31 MiB) Downloaded 279 times
Gumboots
CEO

Hmm. At the moment I'm not sure what to do with this, but I like the sound of it. :mrgreen:
RayofSunshine
CEO

This map of terrain, could be a very interesting challenge. Am looking forward to its beta testing. :salute: {,0,}
AdmiralHalsey
Conductor

How big is the map? I'm assuming from the photo it's 1024X1024?
Gumboots
CEO

No it's actually quite small. Somewhere around 384 square IIRC.
Eduhum
Hobo

Do whatever you want with the map, I want it to be used, but please,

respect what I have already done with it. I'm referring to terrain and especially the countries, the lore.

And one thing. The map isn't as flat as it seems. I worked all around it to be more realistic, more rough, even though you can't see it.
Lone Cat
Brakeman

Only if the 4th Era Tolkeinverse exists in literature world. and it's gonna be steampunk ones:P But won't it creates another Arcanum?

RayofSunshine
CEO

Well Eduhum,
It has been a time since my last post, and was wondering the reason of which you have not "tried" to complete the creation? You did invest an amount of time in the initial portion, so I would like to see what "immagination" you would render on its completion. Yes, I know that it takes time, effort, and immagination, some of which, or any, which could be the reason, but still, being unfinished, It cannot get into the Archives with the rest of the User Creators, which is the reason for such creations. Hope you take the time to show us you full potential. !*th_up*! :salute: {,0,}
Blackhawk
CEO

He hasn't stopped by here since February so we may never know.

The difficulty with someone else finishing the map would be that they probably would need some knowledge of the Lord of the Rings and how to make sense of the various territories.
Eduhum
Hobo

Hi,
If you want I can post a screenshot of the map with the names and locations of the cities out over it.
I can make some texts, for each country, for example, with its history, initial price, typical products, etc.
This someone copy paste it into the game, as I don't know anything about the world builder and right now not very interested in investing time to learn.
I would do all this after the final exams.
Blackhawk
CEO

Feel free to post those things as well as the story line and one of us around here may make them into events and make this a complete scenario. !!howdy!!
RayofSunshine
CEO

A thank you Eduhum for the info on events, history, cities, etc, as it will be a great help to the user creator who would use them in trying to complete the scenario. Not being computer literate, I wouldn't be the one to make such a contribution, but can see that the effort you initiated is something which should not be discarded. And we members do thank you for the amount of effort you have contributed to the cause. Good Luck in any future adventures. :salute: {,0,}
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Ray of Sunshine wrote:A thank you Eduhum for the info on events, history, cities, etc, as it will be a great help to the user creator who would use them in trying to complete the scenario. Not being computer literate, I wouldn't be the one to make such a contribution, but can see that the effort you initiated is something which should not be discarded. And we members do thank you for the amount of effort you have contributed to the cause. Good Luck in any future adventures. :salute: {,0,}
Where is this posted?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Wolverine@MSU wrote:Where is this posted?
The gmp file is in the third post in this thread. The rest he hasn't posted yet, according to his last post a couple of posts up.
Hawk
Eduhum
Hobo

If things go right, I'll begin (and possibly finish) the 25 of June. Until then.
Eduhum
Hobo

I hosted these images of the first post in Imageshack.
You must pay with this service now. Is this the reason why the images don't appear? None of +50 images of my imageshack account appear…
You too?
Glad I already changed to imgur I guess.
Blackhawk
CEO

I think imageshack gave a person a limited amount of time to get their images after they switched to a pay service. After that the images were removed from their servers or at least no longer appear when linked.
Eduhum
Hobo

Well, that's bs.