Coast to Coast Remake Beta

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.06.
tfinvold
Cat

Coast to Coast Remake Beta Unread post

So where do I post new user created maps? I just made a new map and wanted to know what thread you post it in for review. The compressed file containing the map & readme is attached to this post. Format is in .rar if you need .zip I can provide that as well.
Attachments
Coast to Coast Remake.zip
(6.51 MiB) Downloaded 179 times
Gumboots
CEO

Re: Coast to Coast Remake Beta Unread post

The usual deal is you just start your own thread in one of these boards, depending on whether your scenario is for 1.05 or 1.06.

http://hawkdawg.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=85
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I've moved this topic to the proper forum and I also re-titled it appropriately.

The read me that comes with it says that it should load in 1.05 but since it was made in 1.06 it will not load in 1.05, so I placed this topic in the 1.06 forum.
Hawk
tfinvold
Cat

I started it while in 1.05 but finished it while in 1.06. When I re-ran it through a few times I realized not all the events execute. I'm not all that great at setting up the events so it could probably use a little bit of help. Although no "event errors" detected a lot of the events don't execute quite right or fail to execute at all. I did download the event creation guide for writing events but I will says its quite a bit different than railroad tycoon II where I would essentially copy events written on a note pad and they seemed to work less glitchy than on RT3. The win/lose on the scenario seems to work correctly.
Gumboots
CEO

Maybe tell us which events you're having trouble with, so we know which ones to check. ;-)
RulerofRails
CEO

I know how to make it a 1.05 file. It's a simple hex edit (1st byte of the gmp file). But I did run it a bit (enough to notice the events need some work), and I notice that the 1.06 cargoes (Machinery, Ingots, etc.) are being used by the recipes. It can still be switched, but those things would have to go away.

The Coast to Coast map is so rugged that I think it's good to have a version where it isn't painful to connect to the west. Good job! I will look over the events later and post what they need to work so you can see.
Cash on Wheels
Conductor

This is not a Coast to Coast remake, this is your own version! Name it something else. You do not need to follow the CtC script, Create your own. Only thing That I can tell will be trouble is the lack of logging camps. Plus marking every peak, valley & river makes the map look bad when you zoom out. I would also cut some cities. Way too many.

Cut the cities & land marks to point where very few overlap when the player zooms out. Then I can play it.

One last thing Slash the building density growth after year 40 to 0.5% or less. If people play this for 100 years or more the game will bog down fast.
RulerofRails
CEO

tfinvold, I made some notes on how to fix the events. I added some details so it got a bit long. I have sent you a private message with them attached. You will see it when you sign in.

When going through the events, I forgot that the briefing says that you need to haul 5 loads between the East and West Coasts. However, RT3 has no way to check for the origin and destination of a cargo haul. We can only check origin or destination. This leads to all kinds of limitations. :cry: The best way to simulate this would be to have one cargo like Coffee ONLY available at the ports on the East Coast. Then require the shipment of 5 loads of Coffee to the West Coast.

Also, Canada and Mexico access is cheap. I might consider going around the Central States through Canada.
RulerofRails
CEO

tfinvold, in case you check the site without logging in, I sent you a PM with a copy of this map with corrected events. :-D