New Tasmanian Goverment Railways map for RRT3-v1.06

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.06.
arop
Dispatcher

Re: New TASMANIA map for RRT3-v1.06 Unread post

Thanks a lot! I will correct it in a version 1.2 as soon as possible, I know my English is not perfect, and it will never be although I do my best.
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

arop wrote:I know my English is not perfect, and it will never be although I do my best.
Don't sweat it Arop. Your English is better than my Danish, and even better than some of my student's, who are native English speakers. !hairpull!
Gumboots
CEO

Yeah my Danish is terrible. :mrgreen:
OilCan
Engineer

Re: New Tasmanian Goverment Railways map for RRT3-v1.06 Unread post

I took a turn at this map mostly because this is the very last map that Arop made for the RT3 community.

I was pleased to see that this is a typical Arop-style game in which one has decade upon decade to connect long strings of cities and to amass globs & globs of wealth; anything other than this would have disappointed me. I was also delighted to see that Arop had again not set up the medal events in the correct order - it brought back memories of Sugas kindly re-instructing Arop in how to write and arrange the gold, silver and bronze events each time Arop released a new map.

It was immensely pleasant to play on a map which the creator had taken the time to make sure the rivers ran in valleys and not across hill tops (and in the right direction) AND cities were reasonably accessible by train and not stuffed into a tight valley nor perched precariously on a steep hillslope.

I once again ended up buying every industry, every farm, every mine - anything that turned a profit - AS WELL AS building all sorts of industry in almost every town and hamlet in order to achieve the goal of $500M lifetime industry profit. This is a common outcome in Arop games: the player eventually owns everything on the map, and I was happy to keep with that tradition.

I was anticipating electric trains to show up for I wanted to start converting lines to electric, for something to do as I waited for LIP to grow. The electrics never showed. A peek into the editor revealed that Arop did not select any electric engines which surprised me. He usually allowed electrics to appear in his games.

After 37 years I reached the LIP goal of $500M (although the gold had mistakenly triggered at $400M). My company worth was $427M of which a quarter, $109M, was company cash despite a dividend rate of $10M/yr. Why so much cash? I had run out of things to buy or build years ago.

Overall a good game. It was a typical Arop game through and through and a nice ending note from a great map maker. However, if one wishes to complete this game, they will need to correct and reorder the medal events.
Gumboots
CEO

Electrics weren't used in Tassie in that period, so I think that's why he didn't enable them.
Gumboots
CEO

Note to self: I should check the medal events on this one, since I'm currently going through all the maps to re-code the site's pages. If I find any bugs I'll fix them, and re-load the fixed version. :)