North American RR Sim

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.06.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Re: North American RR Sim Unread post

Well, the initial years went as well as can be expected for the amount of cargo available, and as Orange46 mentions, but it is after the "hand outs" when the crap hits the fans. A player needs enough revenue to keep in operation, but it is that revenue which can keep a person busted in "paid out interest". A real challenge. :salute: {,0,}
fedearne
Cat

Hi
I tried to run the map, but i got an error message saying "Pack element <carsideview_3.imp> not found. I have never seen this before when I try to run other maps. Can anyone help me?

Thanks
fedearne
Blackhawk
CEO

It sounds like a file is missing. Are you playing this map in 1.06 and not a 1.05 version of the game?
Gumboots
CEO

CarSideView_3.imb is not part of the RT3 package. The only files with similar names are CarSideView_1.imb and CarSideView_2.imb. This applies to 1.05 and to 1.06.

It is possible that this map was coded with a custom car and/or engine that called a custom CarSideView_3.imb file, in which case you would need to have the custom files installed for it to work.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I'm pretty sure CarSideView_3.imb is aprt of the C to C Expansion, along with 1 and 2.

Here's a topic mentioning that file.

Here's another.

A search on this forum using CarSideView_3.imb as a search term will turn up a little over 2 pages of results. ;-)
Hawk
Gumboots
CEO

Aha. That would be right. I didn't think of looking in there. It'd need the extra one for the CtC locos. Ok, so basic missing file problem. Sounds like he might not have CtC at all.
Gumboots
CEO

fedearne wrote:Hi
I tried to run the map, but i got an error message saying "Pack element <carsideview_3.imp> not found. I have never seen this before when I try to run other maps. Can anyone help me?

Thanks
fedearne
Fedearne, do you have the Coast to Coast Expansion pack installed on your RT3? You'll need it if you don't already have it.
fedearne
Cat

Hi again
Thanks for the quick response. I pretty sure that I installed C to C before installing v.1.05 and v.1.06. But I will try to make a fresh install to night! :-)

Fedearne
Dimitrar
Cat

Hi guys. I download the map and put it in maps folder. For some reason It wont appear in my scenario list with maps. I have installed coast to coast with 1.06, the game is in different folder than Program files. Also I see other maps as Europe_English v11, but didnt see European Tycoon II. Do you have any suggestions how to fix that?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Are you sure you installed the 1.06 patch? Does it say Version 1.06 in the lower left corner? Both this map and European Tycoon II do require the 1.06 patch.
If you did try to install the 1.06 patch, are you sure it installed successfully?

Does it says Coast to Coast at the top of the main screen?
Click on image to view full size
Click on image to view full size
Did you install the 1.05 patch after the Coast to Coast Expansion (version 1.04)?

Did you point all of the installers to the right RT3 installation directory?
Hawk
Dimitrar
Cat

Hawk
The Big Dawg

Well, I don't know then, unless you had a incomplete installation of 1.06 (which means you could have had an incomplete installation of 1.04 too). I do know that both maps do require the 1.06 patch and without it they won't show up in the selection list.

Did you install the 1.05 patch between the 1.04 and the 1.06? It does state in the installation instructions of the 1.06 patch that both the 1.04 and 1.05 patches are required.
Hawk
RulerofRails
CEO

Ah, the screenshot shows that you have the Steam version. Perhaps, the same problem as this guy had.

I've never used the Steam version. Apparently when you connect to Steam, the changes to the exe that were applied with the patch for 1.06 (if it was patched at all) may be "un-done." I'm not 100% sure, but I think the version number isn't actually contained in the exe. Probably in the configuration files. This means that even though you see "Version 1.06" in the lower left-hand corner of the game's Main Menu, that may not be true of your exe.

I have many installs of RT3. Multiple installs means definitely one for 1.05 and another for 1.06. If you make a separate install for 1.06 somewhere outside the Steam folder, you might fare better. A bit more about Steam and 1.06 here: viewtopic.php?p=25862#p25862.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

RulerofRails wrote:Ah, the screenshot shows that you have the Steam version.
Wow! I completely missed that. !facepalm!

Here's another topic about multiple installs. - viewtopic.php?f=82&t=2363

Let me see if i can explain the Steam version. It's my understanding, and from experience with Railworks/TS20**, that any changes made to files acquired through Steam will be changed back to the original Steam version of that/those files the next time you log onto Steam.
Added files should not be affected though. Only changed files.

That said, the Steam version comes already updated to 1.05, although I'm not 100% sure the Coast to Coast Expansion (version 1.04) was properly added by Steam.
If you try to install the 1.06 patch, it may very well install properly, but most likely be changed back to 1.05 the next time you log onto Steam.

I hope that makes sense.
Hawk
Dimitrar
Cat

Thank you guys you were very kind. I manage to fix everything - here is what I did:
Fresh installation with files downloaded not from steam, but from torrent.
Installed patch 1.03 and the no cd patch 1.03
Installed patch 1.04 Coast to Coast and the no cd patch 1.04
Installed patch 1.05 and the no cd patch 1.05
Installed patch 1.06 - shouldn't need any no cd patch

After every patch I started the game at least once.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I would have gone with a multiple install for 1.06 instead of downloading an illegal copy of the game from Torrent, especially since you never know what you're getting. There could be hidden malware in that download.

You can also buy a DRM free, no Internet connection required version of RT3 from GOG, but that would require that you spend another $3.99 (it's currently on sale) on a game you already bought from Steam.

At least you got it working.
Hawk