European Union

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.06.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Re: European Union Unread post

I give in. I thought I was almost there when this happened:
Status screen as it should be:
Status screen right.jpg
Status screen as it is now:
Status screen wrong.jpg
How can that happen? What can it possibly be? I've tried everything - rewriting events, re-doing territories. What could make these gaps appear?
!hairpull!

PS: obviously the names of the countries are different because these are just randomly the ones I didn't happen to connect in those particular games. But by chance you've Estonia - Greece - Italy in both the right and wrong version, so it's not those particular territories that are the problem.
RulerofRails
CEO

RT3 doing strange things again.... Are both shots from the same game? If you have a savegame from before and after I will take a look. I would hope that it can be a glitch just in your specific play that wont recurr regularly. Are the country names displayed otherwise correct?
Grandma Ruth
CEO

I think you've partly solved the problem just by asking the question! These are two different maps completely and also the new map (the one that doesn't list them properly) was after I installed dgVoodoo. But I can't believe this would have any effect on the way events fired, surely?
The "Old map" is the one that works and the "New map" is the one that doesn't. Thanks already!
RulerofRails
CEO

I took a look. From what I can see "New map" doesn't have any events to display countries in the ledger. It only has 42 events compared to 116 for "old map." Perhaps you uploaded the wrong one?
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Yes, I'm clearly losing the plot! This should be the right one. :salute:
RulerofRails
CEO

Still looks like just 42 events.jpg

Well, idk. I can't see anymore events in this version. :-?
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Well, that's really weird. I've checked and re-saved it and here it is. "EU latest map at 3 August"
Also I'm pleased to say that the strange status page has got nothing to do with the new map or dgVoodoo. I've done a really simple test map which is also attached. Stripping out everything else, this just gives the relevant events to trigger the status page I want. And it works. In principal, the same conditions as the ones that don't work on the other map.
RulerofRails
CEO

Ok, that one worked, and I found the issue. The problem is with the territory names themselves. Some of them have a line break after them.

They appear normally when you put the mouse over them, there must be room for more than one line, but you can tell in the purchase access view:
EU, line break visible here.jpg
Notice how the text is smaller?

And when you go and look at the names in the editor you will see this:
EU names have line break.jpg
When you click to edit the name it looks "ok", but if you copy it out you will see that the line break is included. Quick fix: click at end of the name, then press Delete twice.

My guess is that you may have accidentally included the line break when you performed copy+paste to put the names into the map.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

!$th_u$! !$th_u$! !$th_u$! (0!!0)
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Here it is, at last! Thanks for your help and enjoy :salute:
Gumboots
CEO

Got this added to the archives: European Union - added October 12, 2020

Have removed superfluous zips. !*th_up*!
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Brilliant! Thank you. (0!!0)