Railway of Fame!

Maps that were never completed by creators that appear to no longer be active.
gismoskip
Brakeman

Re: Railway of Fame! Unread post

sorry about the wait - i decided to change many aspects of the map entirely. for one, it's going to be a series of maps, not just one. two, it's going to be baised on J. P. Morgan (yes, i just said his name). three, it's not going to be a point baised system. and here is my fully revised version. (note: if you win gold, you get a hint on a new map that is going to be coming - it's also a code to prove that you got gold if you want to play the other map.
gismoskip, current RT3 player working on the maps of tomorrow for RT3. better belive it.
AT41B
Watchman

I am new at this. I tried downloading the file (twice) and when the download got to 2.61MB it bombed out saying the file was corrupt. I am using Windows 7, and I am using dialup.
What do I do and can you help? :-? :-?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

It could be either a setting in your browser (you didn't say what browser you use) or a problem with your ISP/Internet connection.
The file downloads fine for me.

Can you download any other files over 2.61 MB?
Hawk
AT41B
Watchman

I use internet explorer and I have downloaded quite a number of the other maps and other items from "Hawk & Badger". A lot of them were more than the 2.61MB. I will try to download it again after I log off the dial-up and re-initiate the connection. It may be my connection with my server.
AT41B
Watchman

I have tried most of the day to download the file with no success. I cleared all other programs on the computer, opened-up the firewall, and put the Hawkdaug site as a friendly site, removed the continous scan. I tried about 7 or 8 times and still when it got to the very last few MB's, it would say it completed the download. But when I tried to unzip (with 3 different extraction programs) it said the zip file was not the right format or the zipped file had a bad file within it.
Would it be prudient for you to send me an email with it attached?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Email has been sent with the attached zip file.
Hawk
gismoskip
Brakeman

Hawk wrote:Email has been sent with the attached zip file.
anyway . . . i have been away for awhile again, fresh with new energy!(note: i was away/unactive because i was working on a personal model railroad. i might even send you all a pic!)
gismoskip, current RT3 player working on the maps of tomorrow for RT3. better belive it.
AT41B
Watchman

Thanks Hawk for trying to accommodate me in sending the "Rail of Fame" map by email........But, for some reason, I did not receive it. Then I thought to try the local library. I was successful in the download of "Rail of Fame" and several others that I was trying to get. I have played the "Rail of Fame" and found it to be very interesting. I did not win Gold. I did win Silver with three AI companies left to merge, but did not have enough company cash to do it. All in all, I liked the game and will continue to play different plans to win. I am not one to use any of the cheat codes, it takes away all the compitition. !*th_up*!
obertran
Watchman

gismoskip wrote:
Hawk wrote:Email has been sent with the attached zip file.
anyway . . . i have been away for awhile again, fresh with new energy!(note: i was away/unactive because i was working on a personal model railroad. i might even send you all a pic!)
it would be great see the photo
gismoskip
Brakeman

obertran wrote:
gismoskip wrote: anyway . . . i have been away for awhile again, fresh with new energy!(note: i was away/unactive because i was working on a personal model railroad. i might even send you all a pic!)
it would be great see the photo
it might be awhile. it's far from finished. (oh, and BTW, i'm back to being active. YAY!)
gismoskip
Brakeman

lol. i got distracted AGIAN. i fail at coming back. to make things short, what has happened is that my computer fried itself, i got some new stuff for it (mainly a new hard drive and a new memory chip) and i'm back! i also have been playing other games recently, so i forgot about you guys for awhile. then i remembered you guys today. lol. time to get the game back on my computer!
OilCan
Engineer

gismoskip wrote:... i also have been playing other games recently, so i forgot about you guys for awhile.
What? There are other games besides Railroad Tycoon? It doesn't seem possible.
Danger
Cat

OilCan wrote:
gismoskip wrote:... i also have been playing other games recently, so i forgot about you guys for awhile.
There are, but not as good of Railroading games though.
gismoskip
Brakeman

OilCan wrote:
lol. so is anyone happy to see me, or am I just going to get pointless (besides making me laugh) remarks about my posts? ^**lylgh apparently this fourm is the only one that stays the same for more than 1 month. :roll:

it might take a few more days to get RT3 on my computer, and until then I will think of new ideas for my map :-D (i'm gonna finish this one, yes I am going to finish it)

last note: I've gotten over the fact that most people use industries in RT3 when they're not needed, and now I understand why. i'm gonna give EVERYONE a big suprise as far as indusries in my new map - it's gonna make people's eyes bulge :shock:
gismoskip
Brakeman

gismoskip wrote:
OilCan wrote: What? There are other games besides Railroad Tycoon? It doesn't seem possible.
lol. so is anyone happy to see me, or am I just going to get pointless (besides making me laugh) remarks about my posts? ^**lylgh apparently this fourm is the only one that stays the same for more than 1 month. :roll:

it might take a few more days to get RT3 on my computer, and until then I will think of new ideas for my map :-D (i'm gonna finish this one, yes I am going to finish it)

last note: I've gotten over the fact that most people use industries in RT3 when they're not needed, and now I understand why. i'm gonna give EVERYONE a big suprise as far as indusries in my new map - it's gonna make people's eyes bulge :shock:
nvm, I hate suspense, so I'll go ahead and tell you guys what it's gonna be. you know how there are different choices on sone maps - like one of them gives you AAA on bonds and other stuff, and another lowers the cost of indusries by 20% or something like that, and you have to chose between them? well, i just had the idea to do something like that - two sets of them. you can chose to be railroad based the first 5 years, or industry based - you can't do both. then after fire years, you can do ether. there will be advantiges to both - if you start out railroading, you will get 10% off all track and 10% off locomotives. if you chose industries, you get 10% off all industries and a A credit rating. and i want a mid-game choice too - a unique one, but i have no idea what it could be at this point.

what do you guys think about my idea? (sry if it's hard to understand, I just came up with it 20 mins ago. lol)
Gumboots
CEO

Awesome. Grab the industry-first bonuses > Instant gold. (0!!0)
gismoskip
Brakeman

Gumboots wrote:Awesome. Grab the industry-first bonuses > Instant gold. (0!!0)
maybe, but it'll still be tough. you're gonna need at least 100 million to complete the route - at it's cheapest - to get gold. and keep in mind - you only have 30 years. and half of it is hauling goods - 500 weapons, 2000 steel, 1000 manufactured goods, 5000 coal, 5000 iron, 5000 logs, and 2000 lumber. think you can do all that as well as 8 hard connections? think again. on easy it's gonna be hard - on expert - well, you BETTER have good luck.

by the way - RT3 is still not on my computer. lol. better fix that.
Gumboots
CEO

You're twelve years old, right? :mrgreen:
gismoskip
Brakeman

Gumboots wrote:You're twelve years old, right? :mrgreen:
no, 14. lol.
Gumboots
CEO

One of the common traits about boys around your age is that they think really big numbers are like ultra cool n stuff. So yeah I'm gonna make a game where you have to get billions and billions of stuff it's gonna be the most awesome game ever. :mrgreen: