Railway of Fame!

Maps that were never completed by creators that appear to no longer be active.
gismoskip
Brakeman

Re: Railway of Fame! Unread post

here's the newest version of it! it is 1.06, just so you know.
Attachments
Railway of Fame (v.2).zip
(2.79 MiB) Downloaded 357 times
gismoskip, current RT3 player working on the maps of tomorrow for RT3. better belive it.
RayofSunshine
CEO

I like the concept and """some""" of the challenges. There is just the same problem with this type of scenario, is that the player has to be the "sole" survivor. Well, that is some what difficult, as when a merge is made, that AI has the option to start another. So it is a 'catch 22', and some what of a disliking to try and enjoy the rest of the challenges. Sorry. :salute: {,0,}
Gumboots
CEO

I've found that when trying to use mergers to knock an AI out of a game, you often have to wallop them two or three times. After that, they give up. Usually it's not too big a problem, as they will be very weak by the time you have to get them the second or third time, and your company and personal buying power should be strong enough to deal with them.

If it's the last thing you need for a win, it doesn't matter how stable your company or PNW is long term. Just take them over at the last minute. (0!!0)
Shamough
Conductor

Gumboots wrote:I've found that when trying to use mergers to knock an AI out of a game, you often have to wallop them two or three times. After that, they give up. Usually it's not too big a problem, as they will be very weak by the time you have to get them the second or third time, and your company and personal buying power should be strong enough to deal with them.

If it's the last thing you need for a win, it doesn't matter how stable your company or PNW is long term. Just take them over at the last minute. (0!!0)
If you can use DISCONNECTED TRACK drop little DEPOTS in all cities. They'll have nowhaere to start a new track laying co.
Card carrying member of the original RailRoad Flat Earth Society.

If it ain't flat it ain't flat enough!
RayofSunshine
CEO

Both comments are 'somewhat" true. However, I find the problem with a merge, is that on their ""return"", they have all the stock. *!*!*!
The better is of merging all at the last minute, especially when the requirement is that of being a "sole survivor". The biggest problem with that system is that there is always a very aggressive AI, who has a ''big" percentage of stock as well as rail system, and has a huge "merge value".
In both cases, all makes for an interesting game play. :salute: {,0,}
Sugus
Engineer

It seems that this "legendary trilogy" has never been completed! ^**lylgh

Nevertheless, I adjusted - without changing any goal - ALL FIVE events (and some text) in part 1 (Railway of Fame) so that the map can be played without bigger disappointment.
Railway_of_Fame.zip
(2.35 MiB) Downloaded 241 times
My apologies go to the missing author. (**!!sry
There's no business like RT business ...
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Where did that map come form and who was the author?

What version of RT3 is it for?

What trilogy? There's only one gmp file in the zip.
Hawk
RayofSunshine
CEO

Thanks Surgus,
For your time and efforts to make some changes. However, I am not going to go back into the threads to see if anyone has actually "beat" the challenges, as I certainly have not in a few attempts even with the old version.

I thought, just maybe, the programming could be fixed, so as another railroad pops up, when a player mergers into one of the originals. But then, I find that if I merge again, another, or maybe 2 pop up. !hairpull!

Yes, I know that it is suggested to just merge them at the last year of the deadline, but I have not found that possible, although I have basically discontinued playing after trying to battle with those "pop ups", starting in 10 years. I could use more !hairpull! but I don't have that much to spare. ^**lylgh

But unlike some scenarios, when these mergers take place in a "sole survivor" challenge, this scenario at least gives a player a chance to buy its stock. Unlike some, which "remerge" with not "other stocks" available. *!*!*!

Any way, it will give the "real Tycoons" a great challenge, and thanks again for your input. :salute: {,0,}
RayofSunshine
CEO

Okay Hawk,
I did go back into the threads. Maybe these will answer your questions. It looks like Gismoskip is the creator, from all the information which he renders.
Now I did try to play this scenario again, as I thought that Sugus had been able to change that "sole survivor" problem of more AIs do start up after mergers. And I played it in the 1.06 version without any problems.

As to the "trilogy", there is a mention that this will be a series, of which Sugus picked up on the statement by Gismoskip.

It is evident that there has not been too many attempting, or at least not making "thread mention".

Now it has been a number of years which I did attempt play. Don't remember much of the challenges, but those of Gismoskip are based on "points" to accomplish, with some drastic penalties on failure to complete. Sugus is lesser complicated type of challenge, although still very challenging. Guess I will have to check the Archives for the original and be "dumb" and attempt a play. Never learn.

Hope some of this helps with your questions. :salute: {,0,}
Hawk
The Big Dawg

DUH! *!*!*! If I had gone back to the start of this thread I could have answered my own questions. ^**lylgh
Hawk
Sugus
Engineer

Hawk wrote:DUH! *!*!*! If I had gone back to the start of this thread I could have answered my own questions. ^**lylgh
Still a small summary
- As RoS mentioned is gismoskip - in 2012 a 14 years old map creator (don't know anything more) - the author.
- The map is a patch 1.06 one .. and it's not (yet) in the archives.
- The "legendary" (you've surely read this thread from start?) trilogy exists only in the brain of gismoskip ... never seen any sequel maps!

Anyway, try to complete this "eventless" thing. :-D
There's no business like RT business ...