Finally we have some action

Maps that were never completed by creators that appear to no longer be active.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Finally we have some action Unread post

Well Members, and especially to OilCan, that these "unfinished" scenarios are getting some updating, which will go into the Archives. I have been "bugging" the user creators for some time to get them updated. Not much of a response, although I don't know the reason for Arop to not have answers my PMs, and not creating any new scenarios.

Any way, although I know that many of the user creators have more important projects, in the necessity of a livelihood, I am glad, and give courage for OilCan to be attempting, and at least starting to up date these "unfinished" scenarios, of which he has also done in the past.

I, with I assume, many of the members, and especially those of us non-user creators, appreciated your attempt OilCan, and appreciate your time of such up dates which you have the talent and up date for the challenges. I especially am looking forward to the "unfinished" scenarios to be completed. !$th_u$! !*th_up*! ::!**! :salute: {,0,}
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Finally we have some action Unread post

RayofSunshine wrote:although I don't know the reason for Arop to not have answers my PMs, and not creating any new scenarios.
I'm of the opinion he's no longer with us, or this earth. I've emailed him several times with no reply.
He hasn't logged into the forum since Jan. of 2014.
Hawk
Blackhawk
CEO

If that's the case may he rest in peace. It seems likely as I found this: http://www.navne.dk/dodsfald/anders-rob ... 93?lang=en (age may be 1 year off, but the name matches and the Vestre Chapel is in Aarhus which he listed as his location on his profile. )
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Yep! That's his name and according to his profile here, it's the same birthday.

Thanks for finding that BH. At least now we know for sure. :-(

He passed away Jan. 9, 2014, a day after his last login here.

RIP Anders.
Hawk
RulerofRails
CEO

That's sad. I also wondered what happened to him, but this is worse than anything I imagined. :cry:
Gumboots
CEO

Sorry to hear this. He was a nice bloke.
OilCan
Engineer

It is very sad to know this.

Arop seemingly enjoyed creating maps. He certainly had his own very unique style. Many of his early maps were fictional based. I noticed that many of his later maps were real-place based. Regardless, he was a major map creator on this forum, maybe supplying more maps than any other map creator.

I enjoyed many of Arop's maps and I learned some of the finer nuances of the game from his maps.

He is certainly missed on this forum. I join others when I say, "May he rest in peace".
Hawk
The Big Dawg

There's 5 RT2 maps by him and I believe 77 RT3 maps by him, not counting the German versions or other language versions.
Hawk