CPU train spamming

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
RulerofRails
CEO

Re: CPU train spamming Unread post

I think I figured something out for the version numbering. Naming is important! The version number is only read from an exe called "RT3.exe".

Now here's the tricky part: it doesn't have to be the exe you are using. :shock:
The way I have been using this is that I took a copy of the default 1.06 exe (RT3.exe), and called this "RT3 - Island.exe". Did the hex change, and the version number is still displaying correctly (1.06), and price islands are back when I run the "Island" exe. So, I have both in the game folder.

Well, I tried something I took the default 1.06 exe (RT3.exe) out of the game folder. My version number when running the "Island" exe went to 0.00. Then when I removed the suffix: "RT3 - Island.exe" -> "RT3.exe" the version number came back to 1.06.

When I have both in the folder the game must have been somehow pulling the version number from the exe wasn't even running! Which is slightly worrying what else it might "appropriate." :-?
Gumboots
CEO

*headbutts keyboard* :roll:
Cash on Wheels
Conductor

RulerofRails wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:07 pm I think I figured something out for the version numbering. Naming is important! The version number is only read from an exe called "RT3.exe".

Now here's the tricky part: it doesn't have to be the exe you are using. :shock:
The way I have been using this is that I took a copy of the default 1.06 exe (RT3.exe), and called this "RT3 - Island.exe". Did the hex change, and the version number is still displaying correctly (1.06), and price islands are back when I run the "Island" exe. So, I have both in the game folder.

Well, I tried something I took the default 1.06 exe (RT3.exe) out of the game folder. My version number when running the "Island" exe went to 0.00. Then when I removed the suffix: "RT3 - Island.exe" -> "RT3.exe" the version number came back to 1.06.

When I have both in the folder the game must have been somehow pulling the version number from the exe wasn't even running! Which is slightly worrying what else it might "appropriate." :-?
Same with me, had my 1.05 named RT3_v1.05.exe and in the main menu it displayed version 0.00 switched it back to RT3.exe and it retuened to version 1.05. That's another reason not to mess with the .exe unless you know what you are doing!
RulerofRails
CEO

Thought that since I refer to this topic fairly often, I would post up a file with the fix applied. This is for 1.06 obviously. Based on the NoCD version.

Simply place this file in your 1.06 install. It will live happily alongside the original one, giving you the option of which one you want to run.

Note: I use it with the dgVoodoo fix. Better graphics, including resolving most issues.
Attachments
rt3 Island.zip
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 362 times
Akarin
Watchman

RulerofRails wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:04 pm Thought that since I refer to this topic fairly often, I would post up a file with the fix applied. This is for 1.06 obviously. Based on the NoCD version.

Simply place this file in your 1.06 install. It will live happily alongside the original one, giving you the option of which one you want to run.

Note: I use it with the dgVoodoo fix. Better graphics, including resolving most issues.
Are there any issues with creating maps in the fixed version and having them be played in non-fixed versions? I don't want to start editing with the fix version if it will cause issues for people not using it.
RulerofRails
CEO

No issues. The code was still there in default 1.06, just disabled. It's just one small hex edit. !*th_up*!
Cash on Wheels
Conductor

This needs to be added to the archives. Not many people will find it here
!
RulerofRails
CEO

Agree. Also, should at least mention the dgVoodoo graphics solution.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Someone submit it, with all the pertinent information, and I'll be happy to.
Hawk
Cash on Wheels
Conductor

RulerofRails wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:55 pm Agree. Also, should at least mention the dgVoodoo graphics solution.
Just make sure dgvoodoo is only installed in your RRT3 folder, "if it is in!" any other folder your computer may act strange! I was hesitant to download something with a little voodoo in it!
RulerofRails
CEO

I decided to try to write up a readme for this since I am planning to post up some other files for TM to the archive and figured I may as well put this up at the same time. There is virtually no difference for the TM version, so this will work for 1.06 as well.

I make no claim to be a good writer, and definitely not concise. !facepalm! But I thought I would post up a draft first. Mainly to check that what I wrote is understandable. But, if you think I missed something or have other suggestions, speak up. If anyone with better language skills wants to edit/improve it go ahead.
Attachments
Draft_Readme_Price Islands.txt
(4.98 KiB) Downloaded 166 times