Missing Campaign videos.

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
j7n
Hobo

Re: Missing Campaign videos.

Unread post by j7n »

When copied, the videos were played from the hard drive for me. I second the opinion about the opening movie. The word "movie" is actually not that great of an overstatement when describing it. Usually opening animations are annoying, but this one is impressive, and can be turned off once seen.
AdmiralHalsey
Conductor

Unread post by AdmiralHalsey »

JFMarvelous wrote:I was waiting to see if Hawk might have the 2 disc set to copy from before I uploaded them as they are 150 mb total size. Also the intro movie is worth watching if you haven't see it.
I downloaded it from the intro movie from the site since the one disc version of RRT3 doesn't have it.(With the exception of Silent Hunter 4's intro movie it's my favorite one of all time.)
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post by Hawk »

Yes, I have the 2-disc set. I'll try and get them added to the site today or tomorrow. They zip up to about 149 MB.

And as the Admiral says, the Intro video is already available on the site. It's on the main RT3 page. Look for RRT3 Theme Song/Movie.
Hawk
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post by Hawk »

Anyone know what the Intro_01.bik video is supposed to be for?
Hawk
j7n
Hobo

Unread post by j7n »

Intro_01.bik is the opening movie that begins with a coin on a rail and a mouse. It plays on launch if the respective checkbox "disable opening video" in preferences is cleared.

You can watch Bink videos on Windows using this decoder, or the self-playing exes part of Rad Video Tools. But that is of course not how the movie was to be enjoyed.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post by Hawk »

I downloaded and installed the Bik Player and figured out what the video was.
Turns out it's the same thing as the movie I mentioned 3 posts up, which is in wmv format.

The bik version is 89 MB and the wmv version found on this site is 29 MB.
Hawk
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post by Hawk »

OK! They're now available.

http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt3/rrt3.htm

Just scroll down to find Campaign Movies.
Hawk
AdmiralHalsey
Conductor

Thanks Hawk.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post by Hawk »

My pleasure. :salute:
Hawk
AdmiralHalsey
Conductor

Well after downloading the files I had to leave my computer for awhile but i'm back and I just started RRT3 and guess what I saw when I started it? The intro movie which means only one thing. IT WORKED!!!!!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post by Hawk »

I did check them before I added them to the site. They worked on my end. :mrgreen:
Check the campaigns that were missing the opening video. I bet they work now too. ;-)
Hawk
AdmiralHalsey
Conductor

Hawk wrote:I did check them before I added them to the site. They worked on my end. :mrgreen:
Check the campaigns that were missing the opening video. I bet they work now too. ;-)
I figured you checked them I just posted that in case someone didn't think you did. Oh and yes the campaign videos work perfectly.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post by Hawk »

Cool!!! :salute:
Hawk
AdmiralHalsey
Conductor

I have to admit that after playing all the great user made scenarios the campaigns are lacking in terms of challenge.(Except the Alps one. That one still gives me nightmares filled with expensive tunnels.)
Gumboots
CEO

Unread post by Gumboots »

Eh? You only need one tunnel for that, and it's not all that expensive. I usually get it built before the cheaper blasting becomes available.

Some of the default games are good, if you up the challenge a bit by resetting goals to suit your ability. That can add a lot of interest to them.
AdmiralHalsey
Conductor

Gumboots wrote:Eh? You only need one tunnel for that, and it's not all that expensive. I usually get it built before the cheaper blasting becomes available.

Some of the default games are good, if you up the challenge a bit by resetting goals to suit your ability. That can add a lot of interest to them.
Tell that to my version then.(So many tunnels the horror THE HORROR!)
Gumboots
CEO

Unread post by Gumboots »

How are you doing it? The trick is to go west up the valley from Verona. You can follow the river most of the way up, then go around the last bits of mountain until just before the Austrian border. Then you just need one short tunnel through to Innesbruck. After that, just follow the river down to Munich, then build across to Zurich. easy. !*th_up*!
AdmiralHalsey
Conductor

Gumboots wrote:How are you doing it? The trick is to go west up the valley from Verona. You can follow the river most of the way up, then go around the last bits of mountain until just before the Austrian border. Then you just need one short tunnel through to Innesbruck. After that, just follow the river down to Munich, then build across to Zurich. easy. !*th_up*!
In all my years of playing I have never noticed that valley. I feel really stupid right now.
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Unread post by Wolverine@MSU »

The way I noticed that valley was when I looked at the Weapons cargo overlay, and saw that they were exiting out of Venice, going over to that valley, and marching their way up and over the pass.