Downloadable RT3 manual (original)

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
Gumboots
CEO

Downloadable RT3 manual (original) Unread post

I just found this while looking around archive.org - https://archive.org/details/Railroad_Tycoon_3

It's the full original game manual, available in several formats, if anyone wants a copy. (0!!0)
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Downloadable RT3 manual (original) Unread post

That can also be found at the bottom of this page. :mrgreen:

http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt3/Xtras/Tips_Tuts_Utils.htm
Hawk
RulerofRails
CEO

The manual, with the exception of the last couple pages (because of the old license, but also cutting out the shortcuts) is included in the GoG version. Good to have more sources. :-)

BTW, I just went and looked up the Brady Games Strategy guide that is advertised on the last page. Reviews make me think that it's nothing I have missed. At the same time I realized that on Amazon at least, NEW physical copies of the game are selling for about $70! Meanwhile there is currently a sale at GoG: $2.50 for the digital copy. :lol:

ETA: While looking around I saw American Rails, a new game supposedly coming later this year. I don't have high hopes for it (seems to be linked to Steam, releasing on consoles as well), but it's hard to tell too much before gameplay footage becomes available. There are a few screenshots, but I can't accurately determine from these how detailed the economy and game dynamics are. The graphics look good, so I wonder if coding will be efficient enough to allow building a large rail empire?
Blackhawk
CEO

Looks like an interesting possibility for a game. One review mentions some aspects of the game that you have to deal with depending on the difficulty you set it at.

"In Railway Empire, you will create an elaborate and wide-ranging rail network, purchase over 40 different trains modeled in extraordinary detail, and buy or build railway stations, maintenance buildings, factories and tourist attractions to keep your travel network ahead of the competition. You’ll also need to hire and manage your workforce if you want to ensure an efficient train service, whilst also develop over 300 technologies ranging from mechanical improvements to the trains themselves to workplace infrastructures and advanced amenities as you progress through five eras of technological innovations."

The way this sounds it seems like it would be a mix of RRT with something like Tropico or any other city building type of game. Sounds like it has potential but at this point with no game play videos it's too early to say.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Here's a teaser trailer video, for whatever it's worth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXgooLK ... 6aEDEV8wyZ

It might be available on GOG later. They do carry all of Kalypso's other games. On Steam it says it requires at least Win 7 64 bit so that leaves me out.
Hawk